WHEEL CAMBER QUESTIONS

Gusthebus

I recently finished the install of front and rear lift spacers and new moog springs. when replacing the strut springs i noticed that the upper spring plate was out of alignment. The notch was the rear of the vehicle on both sides. I corrected this on re-installation. After completing the 2.5" front lift i now have a bit of camber misalignment. I expected as much with the lift; my concern is if the upper spring plate on the strut twas in the wrong position, would that cause any potential issues with the strut that would coincide with or compound the camber issue?

I know I'll need to get a set of camber bolts to address the problem. Are there any specific manufacturers/sellers that i should look for? Or stay away from? I'll be taking the pathy to a local tire shop for the alignment( $60...is that a typical price for other areas of the NPORA world?). They're good, but i fear the old timers in there might be a little confused by the "drastic modifications" I've done adding the lift spacers and camber bolts. Is there anything specific to adding camber bolts to R50 that doesn't come with camber adjustment? Seems like anybody with enough knowledge to successfully align the tires should be capable of making these adjustments.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated!!!

Not the best photo...camber is noticable to the eye but I have no idea what is an acceptable level and what isn't.

20170204_155234_zpsajotmdh9.jpg

I have been using the ingalls one (81260) since 2009 now and they have been great. It's funny when you talk about the old timer... I think you will have more chance of having a good alignment with an <old timer> that have probably seen camber bolts then a new guy out of school.. Just my 2 cents... :laugh:

Cheers.

• Like 1

1.75 degrees maxed should be dang close to proper camber. I put mine in top hole. And shop barely adjusted them.

The strut plate must be facing properly. I made this mistake after my lift on one side, it was all jacked up. Easy time consuming fix though.

• Like 1

Installation seems straight forward enough, but how do you adjust the camber? Is it just trial and error until its plumb or do i need to make specific measurements? Anybody have pics of them installed?