hho system on pathy

tsailor21

Hey guys and gals,

I am thinking about building a dry cell HHO system for my pathy .

any thoughts on this subject?

i have been doing some research and it looks pretty easy to build and install. I was just wondering if anyone has done this to a pathy yet and if there any problems to worry about

thanks guys

I actually looked into this recently. Neat technology and might be a fun project. Do not expect any efficiency gains (actually you will likely lose some MPG) if you are generating HHO on the car. The power gains cannot be offset by the poor electrical conversion efficiency of the alternator (as I recall, 60% at best is typical).

Oil goes in this hole, coolant goes in that hole, brake fluid goes in that hole, hot dogs go in this hole right here. It's tuned for Oscar Meyer, though, it tends to ping if I put store-brand in there.

I've read claims that an HHO setup somehow boosts engine efficiency enough to offset the added load on the alternator, but never fooled with it myself, apart from once when I was a kid and made a basic electrolysis rig out of a mustard jar so I could blow something up. The only real hazard I've read about is the obvious one where the jar explodes. No idea what it would do to the air/fuel ratios.

If you want to boost efficiency, have already done all of the other mods/upgrades, want a fun project and happen to have money burning a hole in your pocket, then cover the roof with solar panels and wire it into the electrical system. This will reduce load on the alternator and thus mechanical drag and give you 'free' power. After generating ~750W from the solar, should be good for a solid one whole HP gain :happy:

• Like 1

Extra weight/aerodynamic drag would offset the gains of solar panels. No such thing as free power.

Try changing the 20 year old air fuel ratio sensor. Probably will pick up some MPG.

At the end of the day, it's a 2ton truck with 4.3 rear gears. It's going to get 18 on a good day.