'97 Regulus basic mods

jtchal

• 11 months later...

Woah what a breath of fresh air! I never knew that replacing sway bar bushes could increase the enjoyment of driving this car!
I replaced the front sway bar bushes over the weekend with new links in the post.

Rear sway bar was removed for a few days while I wait for new bushes and links to arrive.
I can't believe I put up with all the squeeks and rattles they were causing for 3 years!

Anyways I've been trying to tidying up the car in a semi economical way lately:

- replaced the mini lamps from the switches on the centre console.

- replaced all seats with newer ones from a 2000 R50.

- in the process of replacing all sway bar links and bushes.

- established that I'm running an open rear diff, was kind of hoping for an LSD as a bonus but ah well...

IMG_20190629_224434_zpsstzpjvtw.jpg

And here's a snap of NZ's South Island's east coast in winter!

IMG_20190630_131852_zpsbwixw6q2.jpg

Edited by jtchal
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, KiwiTerrano said:

Nice! I definitely need to replace my sway bar bushes on the front. Rear bar is permanently off.

I think only the limited spec had the lsd. Mine's a limited and it has one.

For what the offroading I do, the open diff should be fine (for now)...

Head into Autolign in Christchurch for the front sway bar bushes. I ended up paying under $30 for Nolathane bushes.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Finally decided to go ahead with some new front suspension components! Hoping for a smoother ride over our bumpy roads...
All OEM strut assembly components, EFS 2" lift coils, KYB struts and bellows. Looking forward to putting them together and on the R50 as soon as possible.

Does anyone know the size/thread pitch of the OEM (Part no. 0122500231) nuts on the strut mount? I need to go buy some but can't find any info about them!

LWo9DqU.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtchal said:

Finally decided to go ahead with some new front suspension components! Hoping for a smoother ride over our bumpy roads...
All OEM strut assembly components, EFS 2" lift coils, KYB struts and bellows. Looking forward to putting them together and on the R50 as soon as possible.

Does anyone know the size/thread pitch of the OEM (Part no. 0122500231) nuts on the strut mount? I need to go buy some but can't find any info about them!

LWo9DqU.jpg

Looks good! Could you just reuse the old nuts? So long as they're not stripped they should be fine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KiwiTerrano said:

Looks good! Could you just reuse the old nuts? So long as they're not stripped they should be fine

I would but I've got the 2" Fleurys spacer along with the nuts and bolts the kit came with... I must've dumped the old stuff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey NPORA team, quick question regarding the rear sway bar link mounts.
Pulled mined out a few months ago and replaced the links with some Mevotech's. While doing so, I noticed one of my mounts was missing a bushing mount/'cup' as seen in the image below. Is that a normal thing or has one of those gone walkies?

On another note, I'm surprised with the amount of rust on those Mevotech link's nuts, they've only been on for a few months... 

RTDGKNq.jpg?1

oNzFdeo.jpg?1

I don't recall them coming with that middle washer, but I tend to use them if I have them on similar applications.  Depends on if the bushings are flat on both sides, or if they have a raised lip to seat into the larger hole.  Either approach is a means to prevent the hole from wallowing out should the link come loose.

• Like 1

Hey guys,
Out of curiosity, how much do you pay for your strut bearings from your Nissan dealer?
I've went and checked it out here in NZ and they cost around US$75, each...
Is that similar to what you would pay?

Probably too late but here was the best deal I found in the U.S.

OEM Replacement Parts
Strut Bearing [54325-5V000] $48.54=$24.27x2
Spring Seat [54034-0W000] $45.42=$22.71x2
Bellows & Bump Stop [54050-0W002] $38.86=$19.43x2
Did NOT use: Upper Seat Rubber Bumper (NOT rubber) [54057-0W000] $22.50=$11.25x2
$173.17 ($155.32+$17.85s) infinitipartsdeal.com