Distribution cap mount

maddmark1981

My 95 3l was giving me troubles lately spitting and spuddering then a popping backfire then it would act right then do it again. I decided to take my distributor cap off, couldnt get the screw cracked but cracked the screw mounting plate (soft metal). I got "Amazing Goop and JB weild" not sure if it will bond in the cold or not. Anyone got a suggestion?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

My 95 3l was giving me troubles lately spitting and spuddering then a popping backfire then it would act right then do it again. I decided to take my distributor cap off, couldnt get the screw cracked but cracked the screw mounting plate (soft metal). I got "Amazing Goop and JB weild" not sure if it will bond in the cold or not. Anyone got a suggestion?

77918bf762d1aa39c0f20a58f54ff395.jpgff1ca88334263e27390b1a75e80c9c3e.jpg

I've had some good luck with WaterWeld but that kinda thing is out of the league of anything but full Red Green or a new base... JB Weld ain't gonna cut it this time!

Red Green? He would have used duct tape.

They don't make them anymore? No junkyards with them?

I do love Red and Green, pretty sure he would replace the engine with a team of squirrels in a cage made of tree bark and put a dog behind them.

• Like 2

So I bought a new rotor button and dist cap. How do i get that old button off and mounting plate?

Ok so I got the button off and decided not to touch any of that timing gear inside of it. I was trying to get the piece jb weilded on but i guess Ill have to just go with the 2 screws instead of three

• 1 month later...