2001 Pathy idle issue

In D, its idling high, ~1100 rpm, and tries to push through the brakes. In park or neutral, it constantly searches for the right rpm, staying between 1100 and 1800. I had the cel codes read at auto zone, but the only one I remember is p505, and the o2 sensor codes. I was out messing with it some more, and it was doing the same thing. Starting out at about 2000rpm, and gradually dropping to about 1500 after a little while, then rapidly oscillating around 1800rpm. I turned the car off, and with my ear to the throttle body area, I could hear that the IACV was still clicking at about the same frequency that the rpms were oscillating at. I turned the car back on, and it immediately went back to oscillating, without the gradual drop at the beginning. I'm 90% sure the IACV is shorted out due to a coolant leak, what I'm not sure about is if the ecm is fried. Every one I read about with a fried ecm had stalling problems, which I don't. Also, I dont think its related, but sometimes it takes several turns of the key to get the starter motor to do anything, usually when its cold. Anyone have any experience with this? Anything you could add would be much appreciated. If I have time tomorrow, I'm going to buy an obd2 reader so I can get all the codes, and I'll update this when I do.

I had the same problem as your second issue (a couple turns of the key required to get it to start, especially when cold). Eventually it wouldn't reliably start, but since mine is a manual, I push started it several times. For me it was sticking starter motor brushes. I could have gotten it rebuilt, but I just had a new one put in.

I had similar problem with my idle speed. before you start thinking your ECM is fried try resetting it, simplest way to do this is leave the battery unhooked for 48 hours. Worked for me

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk