NEWBIE!!!!

treywurst

What's up guys? I am about to do the JGC lift, excited about it...just hoping it won't be too difficult. Also, I am interested in getting all the extras....roof rack/lights, brushguard, and fender flares....believe it or not this thing does not have them.....I am having trouble locating these items....any suggestions? :beer:

Hey, I won this item on ebay...Do ya think it will give me a little extra boost?

88-04 Nissan Pathfinder Performance Chip/Module+25HP

Fits all Fuel injected

88-04 Nissan Pathfinder

Product number : NP118

Standard and Automatic

Please see our other auctions for difference models/makes

PERFORMANCE GAINS UPTO 25+ HORSEPOWER!

Instructions are included!

Zero Gravity delivers a product for your vehicle not like the competitions 1 size fits all modules. Our modules are water and heat resistant and can be used in hot or cold weather unlike any other modules out there. Backed by a lifetime Warranty

30 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!

We are so confident of the Zero Gravity Module that you have a full 30 days to try out the module. If your not satisfied with the performance gains for any reason, we will refund the full purchase price excluding the shipping costs.

I'v seen many of those on ebay and I'm convinced that they are all just a scam. Especially since in 89 they changed the entire fuel injection system and in 96 they went to an entirely new V6. How can a module for 3 different engines not be a "one size fits all" module? Also no mention of V6 or I4. Return it and get your money back (you probably won't get anything back the seller will disapear). Sorry you got scamed, it happens to the best of us.

Reasons for why this is a scam:

Auction #1

Bad grammer throughout auction.

Reason #2

Reason #3

Two different sellers two different prices, same picture.

Reason #4

This one's expensive! But don't worry it's "not a knock off." Yeah right :angry:

If you need more convincing that these auctions are a scam mearly do an ebay parts search for Pathfinder chip. They're kind of like the diet pill auctions.

Edited by SC88Pathy

To paraphrase 88's description of what it does: " It fools your ECU by telling it it's basically 40 degrees outside, thereby making your engine run rich. It'll decrease your fuel economy without adding anything in the way of H.P." I think I got that semi-right ~ let me know if I didn't... :secret:

In my way of thinking this miracle power gizmo at worst could send enough fuel into your combustion chambers over time to wash down your cylinder walls hastening an early demise of your rings, etc. It'd be like having a choke stuck open on your carb all of the time ~ if you had a carb, of course... :P

To paraphrase 88's description of what it does: " It fools your ECU by telling it it's basically 40 degrees outside, thereby making your engine run rich. It'll decrease your fuel economy without adding anything in the way of H.P." I think I got that semi-right ~ let me know if I didn't... :secret:

If they even do that. Most of the pictures of these things look like they're just a transistor with an LED. Maybe $.05 worth of parts in them. In fact the more I think about it the more these are just like diet pills. All most diet pills are is just a capsule filled with a harmless herb or kelp. Some of them have methamphetamines (I don't think I spelled that right) in them, which will make you skinny, but in a bad way. All these "chips" are is a plastic box filled with some cheap electronics. Some of them might do what hardwaretoad says, which um won't do anything but make you realize how expensive gas is. These guys are real scum bags, and exemplify everything that is wrong with ebay. Sigh anything for a quick buck I guess.

Did you take Meth 101, SC?? :P Spelled right, but I think most diet pills have a tendancy to be pseudoephedrine rather than bennies ~ much cheaper... :contract:

He didn't really get scammed except for not exactly winning anything of value... ;)

Did you take Meth 101, SC?? :P Spelled right, but I think most diet pills have a tendancy to be pseudoephedrine rather than bennies ~ much cheaper... :contract:

He didn't really get scammed except for not exactly winning anything of value... ;)

No, I didn't take meth 101, I just listen to Loveline (late night radio talk show with Adam Carolla (man show guy) and Dr. Drew). I think you are right that many contain pseudoephedrine, but that is a derivative of methamphetamines. I believe it's only two molecules off.

Back to main topic; I would be wary about putting that chip in, but it's your call. Just don't cry when all it does is make your mpg piss poor. Also there might be a clause in the guarantee about it being void if you actually install the chip.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...