Factory alarm problem

micahfelker

For the last couple days my alarm has been going off every single time I unlock the driver side door with my key. I never got a remote so the key is the only way to open the car. It only does it on the driver side door though, so I've been just using the passenger door to unlock it. When the alarm goes off it refuses to turn off no matter where I put the key, so every time I forget and unlock my driver door the alarm goes off and I have to wait like 2 or 3 minutes before it shuts off and I can open it from the passenger side. I keep a wrench in my car now so every time it happens I can disconnect the battery to make it shut up instead of waiting for it to shut off. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I'm thinking about just pulling out the fuse for the alarm, but I'm not sure if anything else important is wired to it. Let me know if you guys can help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely you have lost the small magnet that is attached to the key cylinder inside the door. Take your door panel off and pull the plastic water shield back, look up with a flashlight at the key cylinder and there should be a small plastic "key" on the back of it. There is a small rectangle shaped magnet. Look around inside the door of its not there and you should be able to reattach it.