Building an engine for the Turbocharged Pathfinder

snowboard419

The schmuck is rock solid and leak free [for now] swapped a hopefully better ps pump in. Changed the engine oil and will drive it around this afternoon to see if it will hold

Sent from the twilight zone

The patch job is leak free after 30 or so miles around town. Factory pumps from the dealer are available and run about 200 bucks and in hind sight would have been well worth the extra cash.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It has been running great the last couple of weeks, I have the boost turned up to 6psi and the tuning is getting dialed in. Only issue is with cold start idle is finicky.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not at the moment, looks just like you left it, I'll try and get a vedio making some pulls, she runs like a top and pulls nice and hard up to the hard cut.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Quick update on the project. I have about 3000 miles on it and she has been running beautifully except for a few minor things that I have been finding causing some issues. Mainly a shorted intake air temp sensor wire, and a hole the exhaust pipe rubbed through the brake booster causing a small vacuum leak. I have the boost up to 9 psi. But have pulled some timing from the top end to keep it well within the safe zone as this is currently my daily driver. But there is a lot of power left on the table. She will do 0-60 in about 10 sec. Which is not too bad considering there is no boost until about 2500-3000k rpm. On the highway in 4th gear this thing is a beast.

• Like 2