Code Help P1491

CTG3

2003 SE 4x4

I have had code 1491 coming on and off since I have had my pathfinder ( about two weeks.) If I clear it mylsef it comes back after around 30 miles. From previous research it is an EVAP code. seems like a ton of places can trigger this. Where to start? Any advise helps. Recently did a plugs/wires/fuel filter if that is relevant. It also was parked for a few monthes previous to purchase.

Thanks

Have you tried replacing your gas cap? When they don't hold enough pressure the computer can throw a code and it's something that can easily be overlooked. A lot of vehicles can do this sort of thing and luckily it's a fairly cheap fix if it is indeed the issue. There's a tester that you can get to test the cap but last I can remember the tester is about the same price as a new cap.

I'm unfamiliar with newer emissions systems so I'm not of much help but hopefully someone will chime in here soon and help...

Have you checked in the FSM if it's available to see what components are connected in the evap system and where sensors are?

Sent from inside my potato