Snorkel

1badqx4

ok guys educate me on snorkels. I got a pre runner style bumper made that required to rid of my air box crap under splash guard. so my air box is exposed under the fender, I am afraid of sucking in water or snow as I go deep into snow filled areas. I would like to know what snorkels work for the r50 platform. and what other model Nissan ones may fit with slight mod. my biggest concern is looks no toilet piping please. I would like to find one that follows the same line as the windshield. but I don't wanna pay 500$ for the safari one.i figure someone here has modded one to fit nicely on there truck. thanks

• Like 1

I found one on Amazon and on EBay that is supposed to fit. I haven't bought it yet but it's on my wishlist. I think it's under $200. Be prepared to do a lot of cutting and to seal up the air box. Hope this helps.

I got a aftermarket Pathy look alike with fender contour so unique that no over the counter snorkel would fit.

I built mine from fibre glass. It took a while to get it as I wanted, or at least was happy with.

Started off with expanding foam and a lot shaping. Seal off and smooth with body putty. Even got the vehicle model embossed in the fender. Pulled a mould off the plug I built. The head was a special build and got attached permanently to the pipe section.

Doing it myself I could make sure the pipes all seal 100% and do a seal test every so often. Block the head and the engine must die from air starvation.

f268949af479074f904a7436f9b330b3.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Awesome help guys thanks for all the input. time to start mocking it up. got the link for the ebay one megaton? I really don't want to make one from exhaust tubing as I think it looks kinda funky but if I can get a good line and make it look good why not. sealing wont be an issue. thanks again fellas.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the R50 snorkel. The one I had on my wishlist is no longer available. I did another search and the only thing I came up with is the ARB safari snorkel. So much for a cheap factory made snorkel. I guess I'll see about making an exhaust pipe one and buying a pre-made hood.

• Like 1