Holly F#?&@! Cow I think I scored big time! Pathfinder Christmas Miracle

snowboard419

So my current ride has been out of commission for a while now, while shopping craigslist for engine parts to get the old girl going again I stumbled across a craigslist add for a 95 pathfinder for $750 all he said was it needed a new block. Here are the pics in the post. Look close at pic #3, what do you see?

redpath1_zpsotkgzsng.jpg

redpath2_zpsvo62bg65.jpg

redpath3_zpskk5se1ox.jpg

• Like 4

@!*% yea I got it, could not pass it up. Saw the add last night drove 150 miles to see it first thing this morning talked him down to 500 bucks and his aaa towed it 100 miles so i just have to make a quick run up the pass to drag it home tomorrow.

• Like 1

So looks like whomever did the turbo install may have done it right. I have a megasquirt 2.2 ecu board. The ignition coil I dont recognize but its plugged into a module with a motorcraft logo. Has a magnetic pickup sensor and ring welded to the harmonic balancer. A tube with boost pressure routed to the ecu. If anyone recognizes the build I would really like to get in touch with them. Im willing to bet whoever built this rig is on or was on one of the forums at some point. Let me know if you have any leads.

Well... Makes me never want to spend money or build anything cool because it's just going to end up on CL for a nickel.

At least its back in good hands. I think :blink: I will do what I can to bring her back to glory.

Looks just like mine, but I have no turbo and more body damage. The red ones look so good! Sweet find.

The red does look good. B)

Do you know if the guy who sold it to you, is the guy who installed it? Or was it just some guy who bought it down the line?

They guy I got it from definitely did not build it, he did not know jack squat about it other than it ran like a top until he blew it up. I dont know if he bought it straight from the guy who built it or not. The guy who built it '2milehi' has not posted here or anywhere else I can find since about 2012.

I am super curious to see where it let go. From what the guy described I would most likely bet he over revved the engine trying to get unstuck and broke a rod. But time will tell. I am currently ordering parts and have a few things going to the machine shop, crank, block, heads. so I can get an engine built to bolt all of this turbo setup too. Hopefully something that will live for a while.

• Like 1

Yea I jumped on it quick, I definitely was not in the market for another project vehicle, and im sure glad my wife dident mind me leaving on zero notice for 9 hours to go buy something we dont need.

lol I just picked up another 88 and a 95 last week,now I've got 4, but the 94 is going to be a parts vehicle for the 95 and the 88

• 3 weeks later...

Dude, as someone who's been married for 30+ years, I would suggest you take your lovely bride out for a really, REALLY nice dinner...just sayin. BTW, outstanding low buck scoop!!!