Infinity parts for Pathfinder?

rc_cola_j

Hey, curious question here....could someone take parts from a QX4 and swap them into a Pathfinder? Would the wiring harnesses match up?

Specifically I'm thinking about the heated seats....stereo and climate controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the Infiniti QX4 is just a re-badged and slightly upgraded pathfinder for the luxury side right? I don't see why they'd change wiring and all that just so it was more of a headache to repair when it's mostly just cosmetic changes that are made.

Sent from inside my potato

• Like 1

I believe the harness is already there. That's how it is on my 2004 SE that didn't come with heated seats, anyway. There are two harnesses (one blue, one black, I believe) under the radio, both are live when ignition switch is on, and they fit the OE seat heater switches (which I pulled from a QX4, same colors as the harness). I'd have to check under the seat, but I'm pretty sure I'd find another harness. Eventually I will add aftermarket heater elements to the seats and tap into those harnesses (if they exist). But again, if the switch harnesses exist, I'd presume the rest is there.

• Like 1

I believe the harness is already there. That's how it is on my 2004 SE that didn't come with heated seats, anyway. There are two harnesses (one blue, one black, I believe) under the radio, both are live when ignition switch is on, and they fit the OE seat heater switches (which I pulled from a QX4, same colors as the harness). I'd have to check under the seat, but I'm pretty sure I'd find another harness. Eventually I will add aftermarket heater elements to the seats and tap into those harnesses (if they exist). But again, if the switch harnesses exist, I'd presume the rest is there.

thanks! I will pull the cover off the dash and have a look.

The climate controls on the infinity are different than on the pathfinders.....would the connectors in behind the control unit be the same? Could I just swap the controls in a straightforward fashion?

There were at least 5 climate control units shared across QX4 and R50 models that I'm aware of. One was integrated into a NAV unit, one unit required a specific bezel (where the double-DIN radio was somewhat trapezoidal), and the other 3 were variations of a box-like unit that had a standard double-din radio unit beneath them. As far as I can tell, the latter 4 probably used the same harnesses.

But, I wouldn't see the advantage to changing them unless you plan to also swap out the hazard switch, radio, and whatnot.

There's a massive write-up on NICO that covers some other swap for those that had the NAV unit. Couple interesting ideas in there. I for one would love it if the radio in mine were mounted higher than the AC controls, but it looks like a lot of work.