R50 performance upgrades. What all do you have done?

haydenmidd12

Based on visiting BullyDog's website, it looks like it only works on domestic vehicles, not imports. Do you want performance mods or fuel-economy mods? If you're looking for performance, you can get a JWT Pop Charger and a performance muffler/exhaust. Beyond that, there are not many economical upgrades to improve 3.3L performance.

If you're looking for fuel economy improvements, reduce drag wherever possible, reduce weight, increase tire pressure, and take it easy on the gas pedal. Keep this in mind: pressing the gas pedal basically converts gasoline into hot brakes. The more you can anticipate the need to slow down, the earlier you can coast, saving gas.

Edited by XPLORx4

I threw a reusable, synthetic dry-element, air filter into my 3.5L R50. Added at least a 2%* increase in power.

http://www.upgr8.com/store/oem-replacement-panel-air-filters.html?make=88&model=554&year=61

The 3.3L and 3.5L are (dimensionally) identical as far as I can tell. I got the red one on Amazon because Prime > anything else, and I don't see any info on why the green version is $10 more.

*might be more like .02%

Edited by DanF.

Manual hubs for the horsepowaz!!

Haha they do seem to reduce drag and improve handling.

I have exhaust but have seen zero improvements and actually a slight decrease in mileage (due to firing it up... Or maybe idling more in cold weather)

DanF had a thread on the airfilter. I will probably get one when my original stock one wears out maybe at the 16year mark. Ha

Edited by LittleFR

what exhaust do yall suggest thats for a 98 pathfinder

I have 40 series flowmaster. But just look on YouTube and see what you like.

I like the way mine sounds but sometimes I would prefer stock again.

I did intake, cat-back exhaust and hubs. That with a light foot makes for better MPGs during daily driving and little more power in the higher RPM range for freeway on ramp acceleration. While most dont like loud exhaust I subscribe to the theory that "loud pipes save lives". As a former motorcyclist being heard and seen is half the battle against avoidable collisions.

• Like 1