Mysterious burnt wire

HastingsIV

I am trying to figure out what this wire is. I have used the FSM and I think it may be related to the brake fluid? Unsure as this is the first time I have gone through an automotive wiring schematic. Any ideas?

http://s90.photobucket.com/user/HastingsIV/media/20161128_145038_zpsxx2gwzkn.jpg.html

There's a little magnetic reed switch that slots into the the base of the master cylinder reservoir. As the fluid level drops, a foam float with a magnet in the bottom drops with it, and if it gets low enough, the reed switch closes and you get lights on the dash (Brake and ABS IIRC). I'm not 100% sure as it's been a while since I had to fool with the MC and it's too cold to go check mine, but it's a thin little switch, that's a thin little plug, and it's in the right area.

yep reservoir level plug, if you have a cheep aftermarket reservoir it might not have one or wasn't pluged back in after master cylinder change it should plug in on the bottom of the reservoir on the inside side, doesn't look burnt just like old electric grease, more then likely it will clean up with a small screw driver and some carb cleaner then put some fresh deletric grease and your set. If it was burnt you would see more warping and such.....

yep reservoir level plug, if you have a cheep aftermarket reservoir it might not have one or wasn't pluged back in after master cylinder change it should plug in on the bottom of the reservoir on the inside side, doesn't look burnt just like old electric grease, more then likely it will clean up with a small screw driver and some carb cleaner then put some fresh deletric grease and your set. If it was burnt you would see more warping and such.....

ok can't edit yet I guess but it goes on the bottom out side of the reservoir, just went and looked at mine, will post pixs for you in a min