Hood won't pop

SC88Pathy

OK got a problem here, my hood won't pop when I pull the pop hood switch. This is anoying because someone has to pull on the switch while someone else pulls up on the hood. I can do it alone but it often requires many trips back and forth pulling on switch then pulling on hood. Anyone know what's causing this, and more importantly how to fix it?

you try pulling it and smakin the hood? mine sticks sometime but thats cause its still f*cked up since i had my front accident.

you tried spraying some lube on the assembly?

Try adjusting the tension on your release cable ~ it's wire that stretches over time.

Also, you might make sure that your little rubber bumpers for your hood on either side of the radiator support haven't screwed themselves down too far. Take a Phillip's head and back them out a bit, that'll create some tension against the latch so it goes back to "popping" open again. The lube's a good idea, too. I'd try those before running out & springing for a new latch...

GL :beer:

Ahh, this one I know, its pretty simple too...

Ya know those rubber bumpers on either side of your radiator that are there to support the hood, well they actually have treads so that they can be adjusted like a screw and if you back them out a little bit they will put enough pressure on your hood to help it pop up when you pull the release.

I know this because I had the same problem and my cousin who is a mechanic adjusted them for me and it works great now.

Hope it helps...

:beer::aok:

as to one man operations.. try using a string or a bungee cord from your steering wheel or head rest to the hood popping mech in the cab...

Good idea, mzxtreme! :beer:

Kind of like the game "Mousetrap", right? I love Rube Goldberg-type fixes, truly man's greatest triumph is the satisfaction of jury-rigging some contraption that actually does what you intended it to do. Maybe not the right way, but it's my way, dammit! :aok:

Now, where'd that cat go? P...

Rube Goldberg walks in his sleep, strolls through a cactus field in his bare feet, and screams out an idea for self-operating napkin: As you raise spoon of soup (A) to your mouth it pulls string (B.), thereby jerking ladle © which throws cracker (D) past parrot (E). Parrot jumps after cracker and perch (F) tilts, upsetting seeds (G) into pail (H). Extra weight in pail pulls cord (I), which opens and lights automatic cigar lighter (J), setting off sky-rocket (K) which causes sickle (L) to cut string (M) and allow pendulum with attached napkin to swing back and forth thereby wiping off your chin. After the meal, substitute a harmonica for the napkin and you'll be able to entertain the guests with a little music.

post-5-1111537047.gif

Edited by hardwaretoad