3.5L air filter question - Has anyone used this one?

DanF.

Upgr8 U8701-3001 Hd PRO OEM Replacement High Performance Dry Drop-in Panel Air Filter

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00LNOY5WG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1Q57SEEA9S0XO&coliid=ILMG2S5WZGUAK&psc=1

It's more than a stock filter, but it's reusable and should pay for itself if it holds up for a year or so.

Judging by the reviews it looks like a quality piece. I will consider one when I need a filter. These things breath plenty good so I wouldn't expect any power or mileage.

I like that it's non oiled, I wouldn't run a KnN oiled air filter on a push mower.

Judging by the reviews it looks like a quality piece. I will consider one when I need a filter. These things breath plenty good so I wouldn't expect any power or mileage.

I like that it's non oiled, I wouldn't run a KnN oiled air filter on a push mower.

Yeah, there were one or two others that I was also going to buy, but noticed that they were pre-oiled. No good.

It was either this filter, or one of the others... AEM perhaps, that had some reviews saying the rubber surround was dimensionally off by a few millimeters, and that it was necessary to trip some of it. Either way, I'm not worried about it as long as it's close. I care about a good seal and air flow vs. filtering/protection.

I should get it in a few days, and I'll take some pics.

Short-term update:

Filter arrived three days ago in perfect condition. Nice packaging, and came with two decals/stickers; one to throw up on your window, and one to affix to your airbox with date/milage info.

I didn't whip out a tape measure and compare dimensions to the 0.0001", but my calibrated eyeball didn't see any variation from the stock paper filter. It fit into the filter holder, and dropped down into the airbox easily. It was the smallest bit snug, but I was able to get it clipped into place with no problems.

Driving: The old filter was at least a year old, and was dirty. Car seemed to be getting more sluggish, so my butt-dyno perceived a small improvement in top-end acceleration, but I assume this is a placebo effect, or simply because a new filter will flow better than a dirty filter.

Anyways... it's a filter, so it's not that exciting. If it lasts for a couple years, and allows me to easily clean it, I'll have gotten my money's worth. Not the worst thing to spend $20 on.