It gave up today

railstop

My poor Pathfinder gave up today. The transmission decided on my way home that it was done, luckily I was a block from home and it has been my beast for the 15 years I've owned her. Unfortunately I have no time to rebuild so its time to move on.

I haven't been on here for a while, so I thought I'd just share a sad moment here. I love my Pathy.

Did a swap to my 92 AT to a 91 MT, worth it. She deserves a second chance. No rebuild, just swap it out. I'll be glad to help. So many helpful threads on here for complete swap project. It helped me so im willing to return the favor

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Edited by NP670
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear that, railstop. It's a bummer if you junk it, or if you fix it. I bought a 95 XE last year with a "delayed" reverse. Finally fragged and left my daughter stranded. Mine was a Colorado rig and has a decent body (and a great frame!) with a 3" body lift. I made the decision to replace with a used trans, but not another 95 or older Pathfinder due to chronic issues. I found a 2002 Xterra trans and transfer case in great shape. Pretty much bolted right up. Only needed a couple sensors swapped. Been running strong since. If you love your Pathy, take a look for a good used Xterra trans.

My poor Pathfinder gave up today. The transmission decided on my way home that it was done, luckily I was a block from home and it has been my beast for the 15 years I've owned her. Unfortunately I have no time to rebuild so its time to move on.

I haven't been on here for a while, so I thought I'd just share a sad moment here. I love my Pathy.

Sorry to hear this. I would agree with the others try looking for a good used one to change out with. If you are certain you don't want to do this let me know & I would be interested in seeing what she has left to offer on her. Would hate to see her just go to scrap yard. Let me know also if you decide to give her another chance I would be more then happy to lend a hand as well which I see you are in Colorado as well. What area of the State are you located in?