LOWERING a wd21...

AKdraws

I have wanted to do this for a while and have an opportunity to pick up a second WD21 Pathfinder, i think its a 94 and SE. Automatic, 4x4, black, 4 door. It overheated and now it wont start, idk how far she drove it but it could be fried, nevermind that stuff though.

I want to know if anyone has done it on this forum before? I have an IG friend in Japan that body dropped his 2door WD21 and its DOPE. I do not wish to body drop it though, thats a lot of work. I simply want to lower it (not stance) and turn it into a street beater while my current 4x4 remains the Adventure Rig.

I understand i may have to swap the front end out, lose the transer case and other parts but i ask you, if you think it would be worth it? Is this a crazy pipe dream? I know most folks would say, "Why a Pathfinder? Get another ride." but i love these quirky WD21s and would love to have 2 :D

Anyways, thats my thoughts and if I end up not lowering it, id most likely part it out. So no matter what itll be a good buy.

Thanks in advanced for any input!

I've never done it myself however it can be done. There are a LOT of people that slam down D21s down to the ground. If you don't get information here I would check into a low rider forum for the D21 hardbody. I ran across one awhile back but can't remember the name

I've never done it myself however it can be done. There are a LOT of people that slam down D21s down to the ground. If you don't get information here I would check into a low rider forum for the D21 hardbody. I ran across one awhile back but can't remember the name

That is very true, i did not think about all the lowrider D21s out there. I'll some searching around when i get home tonight. Just wanted to see if anyone had done this before on here

You won't be able to lower a four wheel drive as much as you want. There's just extra junk in the suspension up front. I've played around in my head about getting a two wheel drive to slam and turn in to a "race truck"

• 2 weeks later...

That's not the point, need the wagon! four doors for more... well, you know.

Grocerys!

As stated, you would probably be better just getting it running then selling/trading for a 2wd. It's not so much a "can't be done" thing as just a work smarter not harder thing.

• 1 month later...

Grocerys!

As stated, you would probably be better just getting it running then selling/trading for a 2wd. It's not so much a "can't be done" thing as just a work smarter not harder thing.

Ah, definitely see that now. I'm just gonna rip everything i need out of it then scrap it. Dont have the space right now