94/95 Fuel and Temp gauges

Zkingcyrus

Neither gauge is working in my 95. I have read the fix, but the panel on the 95 does not have the voltage regulator in the top corner, Ii am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to get them working again.

After further review it seems:

I have power to both gauges. Continuity through both circuits. 2 ohms through the temp circuit when warm and 1 ohm through gas, likely almost empty.

My gas gauge may be working, need to fill her up and see. The needle moves a tiny bit when power comes on, barely noticeable unless I'm staring at it like today.

Hoping I just need a new temp gauge.

After further review it seems:

I have power to both gauges. Continuity through both circuits. 2 ohms through the temp circuit when warm and 1 ohm through gas, likely almost empty.

My gas gauge may be working, need to fill her up and see. The needle moves a tiny bit when power comes on, barely noticeable unless I'm staring at it like today.

Hoping I just need a new temp gauge.

This is a very very very very very very very very common problem with the round dash trucks.

They say giving the screws on the back of the cluster about an 1/8th of a turn will help, but I had to replace mine.

Edited by silverton