Pick up another Nissan

Vern_K

Hello ladys and gentleman and other such variants.... I recently picked up a WD21, the secound one I have owned the last one was 10 years ago. I needed something to get me by until I get my project finished and since the diff bearings decided to go out in what was my daily I needed something. Picked her up cheep, runs decent, has a few small issues but should do the job......

20161102_214118.jpg

20161102_214126.jpg

20161102_214245.jpg

those are from the night I picked her up and took her home, today was the first day I drove her..... picked up a timing belt and water pump today and need to get a new cap and rotor tomorrow, valve covers need new gaskets also which I have a set sitting around. Hope to have time this weekend to do the timing belt and such.

This was my daily till she decided to sound like a air chisel is in the tranny, didn't want to destroy the tranny so needed to stop driving her

20150827_160557.jpg

her front is white due to someone hitting me, I have owned her for the last 9 years and she has been a really good car, was hoping she would go till my project car was done then it was going to be her turn, but she didn't quite make it, shes really hard to find a transmission for and would be to much down time to rebuild and be with out a car....

Then here is my project which has taken most of my money and time over the last few years, I am to the point of putting parts back on......

20161015_133239.jpg

20160912_191957.jpg

20161016_172838.jpg

20160501_190807.jpg

Thanks Vern

• Like 1

Thanks, got to do some work on the pathy yesterday, oil change, cleaned up around the starter had exposed wires, so pulled them out and cleaned them up and recovered them, raised the front end, zipped tied a couple relays that have seem to lost the mounting brackets and were just laying around. Things on the too do list include CV shafts and gear lube change, timing belt, flushed hydraulic lines. Might do a oil fliter relocation kit on so I'm not dumping oil on the starter every time I change oil. She does have a broken exhaust stud so will have to get to that sometime and suspension bushings.

For the most part shes in good shape other then a few things that other people have messed up like for some reason the speedo signal has been tapped into, no wires going any where just a clip on thing on each of the wires, the speedo is off so the sending unit might have been changed, she is about 5 mph off at 40 mph and about 10 off at 70 mph. She shakes a bit at highway speeds think most of it is the cheep tires that have all kinds of balance weights on, and or bushings. She must have been hit in the rear or backed into something, the rear bumper is bent up to the point of the hitch mounts bent a little and the hitch is missing.