WD21 won't start

Brad251

I have an 88 SE-V6 that broke down on me for the first time a few weeks back. You guys have always been such a great help. Anyway I'm pretty sure it's my fuel pump but not 100% My ECM is reading a crank angle sensor code. But it had been reading that code since I've had the truck. Basically what happened was I noticed a loss of power and a general not running right for a few weeks. I tried to figure it out but one day it just loss power dramatically and once I pulled over and let off the pedal it would not start. So I'm thinking either fuel pump , or pressure regulator or maybe the crank angle sensor. I'm pretty sure it's a fuel problem. Also my tank is not vented correctly. Ive always been able to smell gas only when the tank is fuller. Thanks in advance

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

i agree with checking your distributor first however a problem i had recently which sounds similar to yours in which the car just lost power one day and wouldn't restart.

theres a body harness plug that is up under the driver side frame rail next to the gas tank in the far back. this plug started to separate on me and the computer would have intermittent connection with the fuel pump. might be worth checking only takes 2 minutes just gotta get your hand up there with a flashlight and make sure that plug is clean and connected.

That is also a good thing to check. The plug is normally clipped to the frame rail but if someone has been in there before probably didn't put it back, so it can get loose or rub through on something. Don't just go throwing parts at it...It hardly ever is the fuel pump on these trucks. They seem to last forever.