Car Seats

AndrewC

Any tips for installing a car seat in the back seat of a 4 door 1990 pathfinder? Are the buttons on the back of the rear seats designed for the tether on the top of the car seat? What about a rear-facing infant seat?

Thanks!

Edited by AndrewC

Those buttons are located about half-way down the back of the seat around the middle, they blend in quite well in my red interior since they are a dark grey. I pulled one out and there is a whole lotta thread on there so I suspect that they are, but I find the top of the seat too soft for my liking. My nephew's seat fit in well but it was new-ish and that's what us three boys used for our little trip into town. I left the install to my brother-in-law since he has much more experience! I cannot help you with your second question though!

You have to unbolt the rear bolt on the back of the seat in the cargo area, then thread in the clip that connects the kid seat to there. To get the strap to fit snug you remove the head rest, then place the strap over pulling it tight then replace the head rest on top of the strap. I can put photos if you want.

• Thanks 1

Actually the tether anchor bolts in almost near the tailgate. Look and you'll see a flap of carpet that flips up. There is a bolt there you remove and replace with the anchor. Source: My ex gf had a kid and made me buy it from nissan. The instructions showed it going there.

Thanks for the replies!

You have to unbolt the rear bolt on the back of the seat in the cargo area, then thread in the clip that connects the kid seat to there. To get the strap to fit snug you remove the head rest, then place the strap over pulling it tight then replace the head rest on top of the strap. I can put photos if you want.

I would love to see photos! Thanks!

Actually the tether anchor bolts in almost near the tailgate. Look and you'll see a flap of carpet that flips up. There is a bolt there you remove and replace with the anchor. Source: My ex gf had a kid and made me buy it from nissan. The instructions showed it going there.

How would I find that anchor? Through a Nissan dealership? I have been looking online, but can't find anything listed for a 1990.

No I wouldn't go removing the anchor point on the rear floor. If you store things in the back there's too much danger of things that can knock the strap loose. It's better attached to the rear of the seat so the strap is off the floor and out of the way of other objects. Photos tomorrow.

Awesome pictures! Thanks for taking your time to help me out.

On the back of my seats I only have a bolt. I don't have that black bracket your are clipping the car seat tether to. Where would I find a bracket like yours?

I installed mine (several years ago) using the seatbelt through the seat as in the picture and there was an additional anchor strap with a clip on it. I fed that under the headrest and down to the floor-mount that is there to hold the cargo net.

My 01 has the same clips and stuff but they are bolted in the floor of the cargo area. I didn't use them one time and I went around a curve and heard my daughter giggling uncontrolably I looked back and the seat was almost on its side.

not good! now I put her in the middle and use all three rear seatbelts and the clip, like I can grab the seat and shake it and the Pathy rocks.