Slave Cylinder bolt question

PamPoovey

I replaced my slave cylinder on Sunday, I discovered one, that I hate where it's located behind the frame and the exhaust, but what left me puzzled is the bolt that feeds through the fuel line into the slave had like 5 washers on it! Once removed, the bolt had threading only half way up and had a hole through the side. I've owned my Pathy for 17 years now, and this is the first time I am ware of, the slave has been replaced. A then boyfriend, rebuilt it about 7 years ago...

Anyways, anyone can explain to me what's the deal with the bolt and all those washers would be greatly appreciated!

I would have to agree with Cuong Nguyen on this one as well. Certainly sounds like someone had to rig up something to try & make it work for the time being probably was lost on them. I am not seeing it showing anything like that in the Manual either so would say yes, It is a job done by someone in an attempt to make what they had work for the job.

I found stuff like this on my truck too, like the wire that had been twisted into place, holding by only a few bare threads of wire. It amazes me why someone would do something so dodgy, instead of just replacing the whole length of wire, with proper insulation and clean connections at both ends. Do it right the first time and avoid problems.

My truck has been a champion, and I had only found one other dodgy modification in the 3 years I've been working on my truck. Thank you, that certainly clears things up for me! Next time to pick a-part, let's see if I remember to seek out the bolt...though it's getting harder to find this model there :blush02:

My truck has been a champion, and I had only found one other dodgy modification in the 3 years I've been working on my truck. Thank you, that certainly clears things up for me! Next time to pick a-part, let's see if I remember to seek out the bolt...though it's getting harder to find this model there :blush02:

I have noticed it has been a bit harder to find these 1995 XE pathfinders hear as well used to see them a lot but lately not so much at all. However with the ones I have come across been able to find some cool parts I have yet to see.

I don't think using a banjo bolt ( your's with the hole through it) would have been my fourth choice..... maybe fifth or so but I would not have left that there for any length of time as a "repair"... But then I'm like most of the rest of us on here ( I assume like yourself 'mam) do it once, do it right the first time. Stuck out in the desert I would just go and pull a bolt off of a bracket or something as option #1, out of a fan blade retainer as option #2 and a seat bolt as option #3!!!