Door vents air flow

ticallionstallyn

a161a0ab600e0f7a6a3f7185b711975a.jpg. Hey guys on on my 91 pathfinder sport xe 2dr 5 spd. I got a vent on both doors interior ...they aren't hooked up to an actual vent apart of system. The issue im having is there is always a slight draft coming in i feel thru jeans in colder temps and when i open a window etc....it propels the flow faster. Im in alberta where it gets minus 40 Celsius and need to find a fix. I may just take off the door panel and dictate fron inside.

Ideas? Advice? Any on run into this?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Yeah I get the same problem, the issue is the plastic sheet that is supposed to be glued down around the edges of the door has come off. Get some black contact and stick it over the inside of the door vent so then if you want to remove it you can peel it off.

I pulled my door panel off and glued a piece of plastic sheet over both of the door vents in the front ( wife didn't like the cold air either) but found that the cold air was coming in from under the dash as well. Since I have some rust issues at the rear of the Pathy I noticed that if the vents next to the hatch were left open / uncovered it made it worse. I blocked off the vents into the cabin at the back and it made a remarkable improvement. Since you're in Alberta I suspect that you don't have the rusting issues that we do here in the east but it may help overall airflow in the cabin if you block / close the rear vents.

Hey gents thanks for the advice. For whatever reason i didn't get updates on this thread sent to me.

Surprisingly under the rear seat behind the driver (above where the cat is) has rusted right thru and there is a similar rust spot just not right thru on pass side. I noticed when searching for why my rear Windows are fogging. The open hole is letting in moisture and ruining the seal in the back. For what i paid for rig ill let it slide til she dies

Agreed on block for winter let flow for summer haha.

Once again thanks for every once first hand solutions :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Depending on the size and shape of the rust hole you might get away with grinding it out into a round shape, hit it with some rust proofing and put a rubber bung in to fill the hole, at least that's what I did with mine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Depending on the size and shape of the rust hole you might get away with grinding it out into a round shape, hit it with some rust proofing and put a rubber bung in to fill the hole, at least that's what I did with mine.

One could weld new metal in place of the cleaned up hole as well.

Just for funsies, put your heater on blast with all the windows closed, then put your hand over the exterior plastic trim behind the rear window. Make shift blow dryer!

Edited by silverton

Yeah I get the same problem, the issue is the plastic sheet that is supposed to be glued down around the edges of the door has come off. Get some black contact and stick it over the inside of the door vent so then if you want to remove it you can peel it off.

That plastic is a joke. Popped my door this weekend to lube the door lock and that might as well have not even been there at all haha. I think my previous owners cat got to it or something lol :)