Recoloring old floor mats

Terranovation

Has anyone had any experience recoloring carpets with the spray can stuff? I want to redo my original floor mats to breathe new life into em. I don't want to buy new ones because they don't have anything oem, unless you want floor mats with some cheesy one liner written on it which looks ridiculous.

I would like to read your opinion on the results you had by respraying carpets with dye spray, maybe even pics too would be great.

I used Vinyl paint by duplicolor I believe on my 1970 F100 Mats and Carpet. That was 5years ago they still look new. I vacuumed the fire out of them... then fluffed it with a comb, sprayed it then fluffed it then sprayed again and vacuumed it and they are still jet black, not too stiff and look great.

I had the Vinyl paint to coat the cab roof and I've had to recoat it once but it was just to hid some cracking from underneath.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Liquid vinyl dye works great, I've used it on a lot of weird craft things and it's help up well to hot and cold and being outside in general. I can't remember where you can get it but a quick search online should point you in the right direction. It's much tougher than a vinyl paint and once you wash it clear of excess dye it doesn't stain or spread to other objects, just make sure you only get it on what you want it on the first time and you'll do ok. Oh and wear THICK gloves that cover your arms as much as possible.

Sent from inside my potato