problems doing a re and re

Drifter6942

Hey guys, I just got a sweet deal on a 90 SE pathfinder since my 94 seems to be having more issues like rusted out frame. So it is no longer safe for the road.

The 90 pathfinder SE automatic I bought had a timing belt issue and I was told that engine is toast now. But it came with another engine.

My problem I am having is, I can't pull the engine. Everything is unhooked and it seems like I am catching something. is there any trics to get that oil pan over the front diff ?

this is by far the tightest engine pull I have ever done

When I've pulled the engines out of my pathfinders I've never had any problems getting it past the front diff. Both were automatics too. It helps to have one of those load leveler things and have the engine tilted forward a bit to bring the rear of the engine up. An inch or 2 was all I needed. Also double check that everything is actually undone, check to see where you're hitting and if you have to, do what I did and just take it off.

Sent from inside my potato

If you can't get it to clear by finagling around the diff, you will either have to pull the diff, or loosen the trans mounts and slide it back a bit. I recently did one on a 95 5 speed. What a bitch that was.

Ahh, could always unbolt the torque converter from the flywheel through the starter hole, that's what I did on my auto.

+1 thats what I did on my 88, it's a tight fit but leave the converter with the tranny

• Like 1

Should always always always leave the torque converter with the trans. Reason being there's a seal for the input shaft that easily gets damaged when removing or installing. If it gets torn it'll leak live a siv. That and it gives that much more room to work with.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1