New Canadian member, long time reader

BlackPathy_CDN

Hellllllo everyone in the NPORA World! Love this forum, been reading on and off for a year as I have been looking for a low KM (In Canada here, eh) Pathy, and i have finally found it! 2001 Black Pathy LE loaded, has the AUTO 4by, 150000kms and lady driven with all receipts dating back to the day of purchase. She was a 7 hr drive north from my home residence in Calgary, Alberta, but worth the 2500$ I under paid for the rig.

Now for the notorious LIFTing questions....... What the heck do I choose for a lift. The options are limited, but at the same time seem so endless between coils, SFD, And spacers.

Now I'm not a heavy wheeler or off roader, but I dabble a time or 2. I live in the city, which is only 1 hr from the mountains where I go camping backcountry and do a lot of hiking and fishing with my dogs and gf. I also do a lot of highway driving as I am a woodland firefighter and my fire base is 6 hrs north of Calgary. I'm still in debates with myself with putting the Warn manual hubs on, but I have enough research, just need to decide if it something I want more than auto 4x4 ( which is pretty useless IMO). I like the idea of a lock switch to disable the auto, as kinda a stupidity reminder. 😁

I'm kinda against the 2" coil lift as per the top out people experience, and I am also quite concerned with blowing through CVs. Now the previous owner has replaced the entire front suspension assemblies, well the coils and struts and mounting plates/bushings/hardware, but the back is really sagging now and will need new coils and shocks anyways.

I have 17" American Racing chromies from my 2011 Silverado that I would like to throw some 31 duratracs on, for the Pathy as its the same bolt pattern.

So with this information, what are your opinions? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and I appreciate all your knowledge you share my way.

Oh and I will be doing the lift myself. I got a good set of tools and air, have done a lot of work on vehicles but this will be my first suspension lift!

Thanks again!

- CODY

Welcome to the forum and have fun!!

I have 1.5" coil lift on my R50 2000 Pathy and 265/70R50 AT on it for now... I think it work well for now.... 🚙👍

OME MD I presume?

Has anyone used 1.5 OME MD with a 1" or 1.5" spacer? How have the cvs held up with this set up?

Hey Buddy!

I'm running OME HD front coils on OME struts (best strut I've run,nothing else comes close) with a Flurey's spacer to boot. with no ill effects. Lockable hubs are a must, you will appreciate the fuel economy on those long highway drives. I've got IronMan springs out back but will replace them with OME HD when the time is right for better load handling. Blistein 5160 reservoir 2" longer than stock shocks. 31x10.5R15 Treadwright Guard Dog tires (noisy on the highway but awesome on gravel/snow and mud.

check out my build thread for more. Like you I don't "off road" to have fun but to get me to places I want to camp and hunt. This truck has not let me down once. that being said I was exploring an area mostly used by atv and when I encountered a side by side on the trail they couldn't believe my truck was driving were it was. (over an old beaver dam and through a shallow creek) 4Lo and a good spotter no drama at all.

Don't fret about the suspension work, I've done all of mine with limited or even no power tools on my front lawn, redneck style.