Hello, I'm new.

SC88Pathy

Hi everybody! I'm from Santa Cruz CA (thus the SC in my name). I just recently got an 88 Pathfinder SE V6. It's dark red (burgandy?) both inside and out. It is stock except for the radio (which doesn't work well). It's rust free (typical CA car) and has 202000 miles. It is my second vehicle and my first 4x4 and I plan to go off roading in the very near future. The first mods I plan to do are: upgrade spare tire to a real full size tire, change the horn to something louder, install a K&N air filter (current one is really dirty) and install an oil filter relocation kit (F**** not being able to see where the filter thread is and dumping oil all over the starter when you remove the filter). It is also missing the right rear hub cap, hope to remedy that at pick n pull this weekend.

-Andrew

I promise to add pic's soon. I got my first noobie question too: tonight I was driving up a slightly muddy hill on our property in 2wd and the rear wheels started to spin (I need to get some AT's the Uniroyal all season HT's don't have the best off road traction) so I stopped and put it in to 4WDH. I then lightly stepped on the gas, there was a loud clunk noise and then 4wd engaged. Did I do something bad? What is the proper way to engage 4wd in a situation like this? I feel like a real noob :unsure:

-Andrew

I forgot to mention my most important upgrade: Super Mario Bros. floor mats! Woo hoo! They've got a picture of mario jumping for a get bigger mushroom. They're totally sweet. Sorry no pictures, I got them from Hot Topic if that helps.

• 1 month later...