A couple of questions

Ok, I have two completely unrelated questions about my 93 pathy. First I'm looking at swapping to a rear end with disc brakes, my question is I have an LSD rear-end now would I be able to swap that into another pumpkin? Even if it wasn't an LSD model. The next one is my interior light don't shut of when my doors close. I just leave them off all the time because of it. Is that a fault door sensor/switch or something else? Any help with these would be very helpful.

Rf600 that was one of my concerns, I know with the 240z (s30) I was able to get a list of all the available z-car differential ratios, what car, and what type of differential (r180 or r200). I haven't seen anything like that for the pathfinder (not yet at least).

The switch in the door jam doesn't have much effect on the light when I push it by hand PathyAndTheJets. The light flickers slightly. As for the differential I'm just talking about the planetary gears inside the pumpkin not necessarily the whole thing. I know the rearend will swap no problem. Sorry for the confusion.

Gearing should be marked on the data plate on the passenger's side fender wall back by the wiper motor. HG43 is 4.3, HG46 is 4.6. I think the 2WD Hardbodies had some other ratios, but if you've got a V6 and 4x4 I would be very surprised to see anything but 4.3 or 4.6 on the data plate.

The disk brake conversion has been done and written up, but the LSD/disks package was not that rare--unless it's way cheaper to do it piece by piece I would just find an LSD/disk donor, match the ratios, and go from there.

Your dome light issue sounds like one of your door switches is stuck on. Usually it's the one in the rear hatch that craps out. Just remove the trim from the inside of the hatch look for the one wire going to the latch. Then unplug it. If that's not it, test the switches for the side doors by removing the screws that hold them to the body. Power has to go through those screws to get to the switch, so no screw = no power to that switch.

I tried to fix a bad hatch switch once and decided it wasn't worth it. Not a great design and clearly not meant to be fixed. The side door switches can be opened and cleaned out, though the little latches you have to pry open to get into them are a bit fiddly.

Light not shutting off is probably the hatch switch. Wrap some tape around the striker and see if they go off. If so that is your issue. The "fix" is to take the striker off and put a couple washers under it.

Light not shutting off is probably the hatch switch. Wrap some tape around the striker and see if they go off. If so that is your issue. The "fix" is to take the striker off and put a couple washers under it.

Also fixes the dreaded rattle every time you go over a speed hump.