Product review - LED interior light

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-48-SMD-LED-White-Panel-Light-12V-Car-Interior-Bulb-Lamp-T10-BA9S-Dome-Festoon-/351580245411?_trkparms=aid%253D222007%2526algo%253DSIC.MBE%2526ao%253D1%2526asc%253D20150519202357%2526meid%253Dd0932292817c406b82bd2a19c706b748%2526pid%253D100408%2526rk%253D2%2526rkt%253D9%2526sd%253D131855456806&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460

I recently purchased this product on Ebay it was two Led smd panels each with a total of 48 leds. They came with a bunch of different connectors for different applications. One connector has a spring festoon connector so you can easily connect it to the interior lamp panel and it has a stick on piece for the back of the led panel so it stays in there. The light that it produces is fantastic and I definitely recommend getting them and the price was only $2 for the pair, although it took a few weeks for them to arrive.

I ran one of those in my '95 for a while. +1 on the light output, it was actually too much for me--opening the door at night made my eyes hurt! It ended up under the hood as a trouble light, and I downgraded the dome lights to smaller warm-white LED panels.

• Like 1

Never thought about putting one under the hood, sounds like a good idea for when checking stuff in the dark. I'm lucky with my interior light I can turn it off or on and also set to 'door' so it goes on when you open the door. I also have a rear cargo light too which is now hell bright back there.

Changing my headlight bulbs for 5000k brights, they are Osram ones that have a bluish look. I'm sick of seeing an orange glow especially when I am trying to navigate at night.

Yeah, the light under the hood came in really handy one night when my headlights quit unexpectedly and I had to troubleshoot on the side of the road! I ended up improving on the design for my '93 with LED strip lighting--a strip under the leading edge of the hood and one under the fender flange on both fender walls. Really lights up the engine bay.

That solves the lighting under the hood. I'm interested in the auto switch for the hood, I don't have one of those but I could always install a switch somewhere near the hood release so it's right where you'd be standing upon opening the release lever.

Yeah, you could just mount a toggle to the core support, so long as it clears the hood. A friend of mine has a two-way toggle on his van running a tail light bulb in a tuna can glued to the hood (nothing but the finest parts and craftsmanship) and we wired it so he can turn on one filament or the other, so he's got a bright and a dim setting.

Or you could just get a hood pin switch from a part out. It's a small piece and I'll bet the bolt holes are there already.

• Like 1