04 LE that needs new suspension

Hello everyone,

I have a 2004 LE that has been in my family since it was new. It currently has 73,000 miles on it and I'm looking at putting a new suspension on it. I live in Utah so I use it for camping and want to be able to tow a small boat/camper but don't do a ton of off roading. What would you suggest ? I've read great things about OME springs.. I do have Fluerys 2 inch spacers (not yet installed). Would you suggest getting the OME suspension or just going stock? I appreciate any input.

Edited by 04Pathfinder

I run the OME suspension springs and Fleurys 1.5" spacers all around. OME is a high quality product, the upgrade was definitely worth it for me.

2" spacers are quite a bit, you will need to replace shocks in rear also, as the stock are likely shot(as mine were) and with the added length - they will be too short. If you are doing front as well, check into new struts (I run KYB) as they will have to be disassembled anyway for the spring install. Look into manual locking hubs as well to save stress on your CV joints.

Specifically for the rear, since you plan to carry/haul loads, I'd recommend either the OME springs or AirLift bags. Rear spacers alone won't improve ride quality or load handling.

If you have the 2" spacers and don't need more lift than that, then consider stock components. Or consider just using the individual 1" spacers to dial-in the ride height. The OMEs (springs, shocks, and struts) will do great, but are the pricier option. You may find that 2" front spacers on KYB struts with stock springs and 1" rear spacers with OME springs or 2" rear spacers, AirLift, and stock springs produces something suitable for your DD. (No matter which route you go on the rear, you'll also want to consider longer shocks.)

• Like 1

One inch spacers is what I meant to say. Do I need to get the hubs.. I'd like to keep the standard 04 LE (platinum) wheels. I have the auto 4 wheel drive and I know that can turn ugly if you accidentally have that setting on and it engages when the hubs aren't in the correct position. I have family members that use my car at times as well.

I did the manual locking hubs in the front before I did any lift. Saves drive train drag and a little fuel also. Many have installed them and kept the factory wheels - hub covers may need to be modified, or left off. I was fortunate enough with my factory 2000 wheels the hubs fit under the center covers - so I could actually "hide" my hubs. Others have modified them and it looks great!

My 4x4 selector is an actual shift lever, so I have complete manual control of the 4x4. If you have the selector knob or 4x4-auto, it may be a different story.

In my experience, the difference when using 4x4 is just having to lock in the hubs outside before shifting inside.