Issue installing Lokka into '95 Pathfinder

deluded

There was a group deal on Lokkas earlier this year on this great forum, and I joined in purchasing one for my '95 Pathfinder. I finally got around to installing it to find that the unit I received is designed for a single cross shaft while our front difs are 4 pinion with a cross shaft. The part number on the box is correct according to their site. Has anyone on here got experience installing this on a WD21? I am afraid I am missing something simple and will look a fool, but I haven't heard back from Lokka (sent an email as no phone is avail) and my project is at a standstill until I can resolve this. Looks like I may have to put it back together as a two wheel drive to get it mobile again, but I HATE dealing with the torsion bars to get the dif in and out. Any help is greatly appreciated so thanks again!

According to the 95 FSM, it is indeed a 4-pinion cross shaft. Not sure they make a Lokka to fit that carrier...hopefully they give you an answer soon. But even if you have to exchange it, I presume that'll take a while given international shipping.

I'll drop you a PM, though. I have a spare WD21 R200A (presuming you have a V6, not 4cyl w/ R180A) with the 2-pinion carrier, and we can do an exchange.

A full 3-4 business days and no response from Lokka. Their Email listed on my paypal receipt doesn't work at all and going through their website requires that you fill out 20 fields of information and then limits characters in the text section. I have seen quite a few good reviews on the product, but I am close to calling foul on how they deal with customers. As it is I think I'll weld the carrier for now (I have a good complete spare diff should they come through and deliver the correct part; if not, then I'll have a Lokka for sale for someone who has a two pinion carrier).

RJ from Lokka contacted me today and offered for me to return the unit as they do not have a 4 pinion unit for WD21s. A word of warning for anyone considering ordering one: if you order one you must find a two pinion carrier. Looking through the manuals on Nico 1994 and 1995 Pathfinders both had 4 pinion carriers. I couldn't confirm models older than that as the FSMs are vague. Anyone who knows for certain could post here and establish a record of what the Lokka truly fits stock WD21-wise.

• 3 weeks later...