Automatic transmission - problems with changing gears, engine revving

Darek

Hi, recently I am experiencing strange problems. It looks like automatic transmission can't shift the gear and engine is revving. When I release the pedal for a moment and press it again then the gear is shifted.

Look at the video:

https://youtu.be/WZ8SNZSzyu4

Is it something really serious?

Transmission oil was replaced in November 2012 at about 108 k miles, now it is about 124 k miles.

I remember when it has been changing they drained it from underneath plug (the cover was not removed) and then filled in about 3 litres of oil but manual says it should be 8.5 litres.

The oil looks clean, bright pink. Whenever I check oil level on engine running and warm the stick always is wet about HOT sign.

Odd. Seems like it won't go past second. I'd start on AT-241 in the '03 manual. First thing it suggests is something wrong with the PNP circuit (no idea what that is, tach signal to the AT computer maybe?) and the second is a problem with the position sensor in the gas pedal. Looks like it can flash a light just like the WD21s to give you some idea of what's gone out.

I am not going to fix it by myself. I just would like to know how expensive could it be. Also can it be fixed or whole transmission unit need to be replaced?