SFD Questions

Well i've been contemplating a SFD for quite some time now and one thing that I really want to do is keep my CV angle as close to factory specs as possible. Right now I have the 2" AC lift coils in the front and this increases the angle some. It hasn't been much trouble yet, i've just busted a few CV boots. What I was wondering is could I use my lift coils combined with some 2" spacers (Flurey's for example) and then making 4" block spacers for the subframe and engine mounts to put my CV angle to proper specs. Would this be possible or would the strut spacer have to be at an angle like it comes with the 4" kits? I really don't want to go to 6 inches of lift because I don't want to have the extra CV angle.

You have an error in your logic.

If you do a SFD, there is no change to your CV angle at all (assuming you add the same amount of space above the strut as you do at the subframe.

You would have 6" of lift, but the exact CV angle you have now.

However, if you want to put your CV angles back to stock, you can drop the subframe 4" and only space your struts 2".

Your strut spacers then wouldn't be angled, so you will most likely need camber adjustment bolts, but no big deal.

You have an error in your logic.

If you do a SFD, there is no change to your CV angle at all (assuming you add the same amount of space above the strut as you do at the subframe.

You would have 6" of lift, but the exact CV angle you have now.

However, if you want to put your CV angles back to stock, you can drop the subframe 4" and only space your struts 2".

Your strut spacers then wouldn't be angled, so you will most likely need camber adjustment bolts, but no big deal.

I may have misspoken but I am wanting to add 2 inch spacers and keep my coils. I want my cvs back to stock and all I was pretty much wondering is if I can use regular strut spacers instead of having to make some that are at an angle like krfabs makes. I know exactly what dropping the sub frame does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97Pathfinderman is asking if he can use regular (non-angled) 2" strut spacers and 2" AC springs with 4" subframe and motor mount spacers in order to put the CVs at stock angles. The answer is yes, absolutely. It's the same concept as my current and previous setups. You'll need a set of 14mm camber bolts.

97Pathfinderman is asking if he can use regular (non-angled) 2" strut spacers and 2" AC springs with 4" subframe and motor mount spacers in order to put the CVs at stock angles. The answer is yes, absolutely. It's the same concept as my current and previous setups. You'll need a set of 14mm camber bolts.

Thanks you so much hawairish, that is all I needed to know!

I believe you should be able to buy some square 1/4" tubing and drill a few bolt holes and you'll have your subframe drop. The KRFabs subframe spacers are just that - square tubing. As long as you had the bolt patern drilled correctly I don't assume there would be an issue.

As a caution with the AC Springs though, those things are insanely stiff. They look like they belong under a Dodge Ram 2500. I don't know if mine are just installed incorrectly or what, but they have caused the ride quality to be nothing shy of offensive.

I believe you should be able to buy some square 1/4" tubing and drill a few bolt holes and you'll have your subframe drop. The KRFabs subframe spacers are just that - square tubing. As long as you had the bolt patern drilled correctly I don't assume there would be an issue.

As a caution with the AC Springs though, those things are insanely stiff. They look like they belong under a Dodge Ram 2500. I don't know if mine are just installed incorrectly or what, but they have caused the ride quality to be nothing shy of offensive.

I know what you mean about the springs, mine are installed correctly and they still ride rough but I spent a good bit on them and I no longer have my old ones.

I know what you mean about the springs, mine are installed correctly and they still ride rough but I spent a good bit on them and I no longer have my old ones.

I'm not sure how they compare to the ome springs but I can't help but wonder if the ome are more tolerable

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how they compare to the ome springs but I can't help but wonder if the ome are more tolerable

Do the ome springs provide 2" of lift like the AC ones?

They're listed as 1.75 inches

Well i'm sure some people here use them, I would have to add an additional strut spacer with the ome to compensate for the 2" in the rear to prevent a rake.

I actually have my truck setup to have rake intentionally and I think it looks really good. 2" in the front and about 3.5" in the back. Even fully loaded it sits flat

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...