What to do first on my new 2003 Pathfinder?

wolf8564

Just bought my first 2003 pathfinder and I am wanting any suggestions on what are some of the first improvements I should start with my first idea was to put on a front brush guard. any suggestions for the suspension?

Congrats on your purchase, and welcome!

All recommendations we make will be subject to the amount you want to spend.

As our R50s have a tendency to sag in the rear end, I'd replace springs - and if your shocks are stock, looking at those may be a good idea also.

Check out the pinned r50 threads lift and tires - you will see what others have done and pictures for comparison.

I'd say check out rocky-road.com and 4x4parts.com.

Rocky road will sell Old Man Emu - and you will wait for them from Australia (1-2 months).

I do not know 4x4 parts shipping time frame, but you can get full kits there also.

If you just want a spring/strut spacer lift, check out 4x4design.com.

Edited by pepperjack26

For ARB Old Man Emu springs, if you want to know a time frame. Call up Sierra Expeditions customer service. Tell them the part numbers your looking for. They will call you back after they talk to ARB to see where they currently are. If they are in country, you can get em pretty quick. Sometimes they will say in transit expected to be in port within 2 weeks. Count on another 2-3 weeks after that for customs. But, if you do order them. The will just drop ship them from the port once they clear customs. Most of the time.

Take care of any maintenance issues first. Fluids change out, all of them. Spark plugs, check your bushings. Rear trailing arms, upper and lower. Sway bar bushings and links. Price out struts shocks you'd like. Then look at springs and spacers if interested.

Personally, I'd stay away from a "brush guard" a slight bump can total out your truck instead of just damaging the bumper. If you want a real bumper, its either ARB, custom modify to fit XJ or straight custom built. (Stay away from Tatical armor or whatever they call themselves now.) Plus they are just as much as an ARB.

Edited by Rebelord
  • Like 1

It depends whether you want to improve the exterior or performance of your rig. Budget is also a big factor. Getting a brush guard is not a bad idea though I think upgrading the suspension is also important.