looking for tires.. need real suggestions lol

Now i've posted on here before and have not gotten respectful answers no offense to anyone who has replied to any of my posts... But I am new on here and just need advise. I have an r50, and have a 2 inch spacer lift. I have 16 inch wheels. I want to know the biggest tires I can go. I want an aggressive look and just want a big tire. I will be getting ac coils here shortly and just need bulk tires. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Like 1

From what I have heard (and seen in a couple of threads) 31s fit no problem, 32s it depends on the particular tire and your wheels, 33s (which I've only seen fit once before, don't remember where any more) will fit if you're willing to hack up or altogether remove your wheel wells and do some fender trimming. Personally, I'm planning on getting 32s once I can afford them.

Depending on your wheel width and offset, you can fit 265/75R16's. Most of what determines the largest tire you can fit is how much clearance there is between the tire shoulder and the lower spring mount of the strut. I have 16x8 Ultra Rogue wheels with 265/75R16 BFG MT KM2's. They have slightly positive offset (10mm I believe).

If you install wheel spacers, you may be able to fit 285/75R16's, but you may need to do some sheetmetal trimming to avoid rubbing (likely in the rear fender).

On my old R50 I had 265/75/16's on 4runner wheels with 1.25" spacers, for roughly 3.25" of backspacing. When turning I had minor rubbing on the plastic in the front of the wheel wells, never got to see what it was like when flexed.

You can fit 265/75/16 but there might be some rubbing on tight turns. By the way, are you looking for mud tires or all-terrain tires? Try to see this thread also to know the lift/tire setup of other members here-- http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/19867-max-tire-size-vs-lift-kit-used-vs-custom-or-oe-wheels/

The General Grabber AT2s on my wife's Pathfinder have been great so far in the mud and sand of the Texas Gulf. They start to show their weakness in cold/freezing weather when they loose overall grip on pavement up here in New Hampshire. Also, they are not snow tires. I throw on the tried and true Nokian Hakkapeliittas when the frozen stuff starts falling.