Back in WD21 :)

Hi guys,

Just picked up my second Wd21 and drove the 260 miles home nice and uneventfully!

There are a few minor bits needing done but first thing is first......

How do I get rid of the warning chime at 50mph??

I've had a Google and can't seem to find anything.

This seems like the place to be in terms of the knowledge on this forum, so I'll be around for a long time as I'm never getting rid of this one.

(My last was written off thanks to an idiot driver)

Here is the ol girl just after purchase.

image_zpsourxmvh1.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks like a clean rig! The green/tan two tone really suits it.

No idea about the 50 mph warning, I didn't know that was even a thing. I'd look behind the kick panel in the driver's footwell though, that's where they hid the door dinger and the seat belt buzzer. Could be that this speed warning whatsit you're dealing with is just tied into one of those.

Hi,

As its an import from Japan, I assume it's their standard speed warning buzzer.

Some goggling suggests it'll be a little silver box on the back of the cluster/tacho?

Anyone had a Jap import with the same issue?

Aaron

I can't think what else the chime would be, it comes on at 50 and is continuously chimes until you drop back under it.

The cluster will be coming out so will have a look. Hopefully it'll be simple.

Thank you for the welcome.

Oh does anyone know the specs to the wheels I had on my last WD21, I can't remember for the life of me. Was it 16x8 et0?

DSC_0111_zpsrwcy0jqn.jpg

• Like 1

Ah yeah googled a bit more and it seems they were 15x7 offset 25/back spacing 5".

I'm going to get some 15x7 et0/back spaced 4" with some 31x10.5's on. I assume my research is okay and that set up will work well?

I'm fairly certain those are the stock 'Lego' rims that came with the SE/LE trim vehicles in North America.

I can't think what else the chime would be, it comes on at 50 and is continuously chimes until you drop back under it.

Yeah, I'd be ripping that out on day two...

Congrats on the replacement, make sure you hold on to this one. It looks mighty clean, so take care of it. ;)

B

I'm fairly certain those are the stock 'Lego' rims that came with the SE/LE trim vehicles in North America.

Yeah, I'd be ripping that out on day two...

Congrats on the replacement, make sure you hold on to this one. It looks mighty clean, so take care of it. ;)

B

Thanks I would have still had the other one if someone hadn't decide it'd be fun to turn across my path when I was travelling at 60 mph, bad times, poor truck!

Also does anyone have a link to any threads about recommended upgrades to these trucks?

Someone once told me about upgrading/using the intercooler from the Terrano 11?

Any weak points to these trucks I should address/improve?

Thanks

Replace your strut rod bushings. They're the rear attachment point for the lower control arm, nobody thinks to do them, and they usually look fine until the rod snaps off. There's a thread for rebuilding them with bearing races instead of the stamped metal bushing holders that break off.

Replace your strut rod bushings. They're the rear attachment point for the lower control arm, nobody thinks to do them, and they usually look fine until the rod snaps off. There's a thread for rebuilding them with bearing races instead of the stamped metal bushing holders that break off.

Thanks, I'll have a look into that.

Thanks I would have still had the other one if someone hadn't decide it'd be fun to turn across my path when I was travelling at 60 mph, bad times, poor truck!

Ouch! Yeah, not much you can do about that...

I recommend buying or having a front bumper made for it. It won't help much at 60mph, but it can keep a 25mph fender bender from totaling the Pathy. The bumpers on these are really just for looks, covering gaps and holding lights. I've had both off, and you can lift them with 1 finger...

Also does anyone have a link to any threads about recommended upgrades to these trucks?

Someone once told me about upgrading/using the intercooler from the Terrano 11?

Any weak points to these trucks I should address/improve?

Thanks

We are a little light on the the diesel info, but enough Aussies and NZs have chimed in that there is some. I don't recall if there is a dedicated section, but definitely used advanced search and enter your motor designation (2.5l TD) or what ever. You should be directed appropriately...

Definitely! I argue that these should be 60k mile interval maintenance items, mainly due to the abuse they receive.

B

• 4 months later...

image_zpskix0upor.jpeg

Not much to update, she's had a thorough service, engine wise and brakes. Few bits and bobs like a new water pump and down pipe replaced.

That annoying speedo buzzer was removed when I changed the speedo fascia due to a broken speedo needle. Thank goodness!!

Just ordered some new tyres and wheels and a fair few new bushes.

I was looking for my VIN number so I could check that my truck has been correctly registered when imported as I think it may have been registered as a Terrano 2. Not good for insurance if something happens, God forbid. I've actually stopped driving it until it's sorted.

Anyway in terms of VIN numbers this is all I can find but it's not the standard 17 digit VIN number, any ideas?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen a few members offering to run Vins at work to let others know if they have SE or XE. I would look up the for us SE vs XE for 95 wd21 and message the guy that offered. Old post but maybe he (or possibly someone else on this particular thred) can run it for you. If nothing else just ask your local auto shop to run it, I'm sire they would do it for free