Power steering resevoir leak

stovanovich

Had a wee incident a few weeks back that saw my pathy in a sticky situation (Aka on its side)

And since then it has developed a leak from the top of the power steering resevoir. Any thoughts folks before i start the process of elimination?

I don't think the top of the res really seals, so the best I can guess is that the system got air in it when it was sideways, the air is taking up space/being whipped into foam, and that is pushing fluid (or foam at least) out of the res. I'd just take the cap off, run it, and see there's any obvious foaming or splashing or something along those lines.

With truck on and cap off the little filter bit rises up to top and if you try take it out it will push fluid out the top fast. Tried bleeding method as per fsm but either i did it wrong or it didn't work

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I've got a wee leak myself, I'm not sure it is just lines, connection or seals somewhere. Been told to clean it all and see where it comes from but cleaning all the oils up in my engine bay is such a mish. Also the fan could splatter it around

Huh. Check the fittings/clamps/etc, make sure it's not sucking air. How's the fluid look? Clean, dark, bubbles? IIRC there's a screen over the end of the line from the res to the pump, so if you suck the fluid out, check that this hasn't gotten clogged up. Could be that putting the truck on its side dislodged some gunk elsewhere in the system and it all ended up in the same place.