Electrical issue, Help!

Well I bought my Pathfinder earlier this year with the dash voltage regulator bad, I switched that out and then the gas gauge didnt work. I just dealt with it. Lately ive noticed for a split second the HVAC back lights would come on, then I didnt see them. Well today I hopped in and started it up, and I saw a flash on the cluster (im thinking top right light, cant think right now). Now I dont have any radio,tail lights,dash lights, turn signal nothing. The headlights and the car run thats it. Where do I even start? Im no electrician and I know im going to have to take it to a mechanic. Fuses are good from what I can see.

That's not good. I'd start disassembling where you saw the spark and where you worked to swap out the regulator and see if you can find anything obvious. Loose wires, scorch marks. Maybe something fell off the gas gauge? I would expect to find a bad fuse somewhere, but if you don't find the short first, you'll just blow the next fuse too. Also check your fuse links, the short lengths of wire hanging off the + battery clamp. They're basically just big fuses, though they take a lot more to blow; I'd be surprised if a short in the cluster managed to roast a fuse link without blowing something else out first.

Not sure what role the HVAC lights play in this. I'm pretty sure they're on the same circuit as the dash lights, if that helps any.

If you can't figure it out, probably best to button it back up and take it somewhere. I know mechanics hate it when they get something half torn apart with no indication where stuff went.

It wasnt so much of a spark as a bulb blowing and giving off a good flash. And I agree, I dont want to tear into it and hand it off. I just need to find a mechanic I feel comfortable with letting dive into my wiring. Ill crawl around under there in the A.M. and see if I see anything obvious. Couldnt of happened at a crappier time! Cost of the bill should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

It turned out to be the fusible link to the ignition, also the previous owner decided to install a hack job alarm system then half ass take it out. So thats being returned to factory also soon, I might as well bite the bullet and have it all cleaned up.

• Like 1

This exact same thing happened with mine. I was driving then the dash lights went hell bright, there was a ZAP sound then everything went dead, I had to coast it off the side of the road. The fusible link was fried, due to a dodgy alternator regulator. I had also burned out interior globe fuse and reverse shift lock fuse. New fusible link and alternator = all good.

• 1 month later...

It turned out to be the fusible link to the ignition, also the previous owner decided to install a hack job alarm system then half ass take it out. So thats being returned to factory also soon, I might as well bite the bullet and have it all cleaned up.

I feel like I have the same exact issue right now pretty sure my fusible link is a bad replacement anyway. Did you do this on your own?