NIORA Spring Run - April 9-10 - Rausch Creek

vengeful

Well Ladies and Gents, it's starting to get warmer. The birds are chirping and the trees are budding. You know what that means. Spring is coming! In honor of that, NIORA is having it's First Annual Spring Run at the Rausch Creek Off-Road Park, in Pennsylvania.

This will likely be a 2-Day run with camping in-park for quick access in the morning, and less cost for us. Rausch Creek requires all attendees to become park members, which is a meager $10. There is a $25/day charge to enter the park.

NIORA will require that all in attendance sign the NIORA waiver and if you are interested in becoming a member, this will be the perfect time to do so.

NIORA Website:

http://www.niora4x4club.com

Rausch Creek Website:

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org

Hope to see you there. :aok:

I guess I've been spoiled by living my whole life in the wide-open West, it always seems strange to me that people have to pay to use a park to go out wheeling...

Does look like a nice facility, though. Have fun, be safe, and take pics.... :aok:

Rats - why must I be so darn far??

Rauch creek is a pretty good place, we spent two days wheeling there last year - and will be there again in July for ECXC (East Coast Xterra Challenge)...

pics here:

http://www.muddynissan.com/photos/ECXC04thfr/

http://www.muddynissan.com/photos/ECXC04sat/

Pezzy, there will be a group arriving Friday afternoon and camping someplace nearby, and we will be camping Saturday night in the park as well. You guys should come down, and bring BOTH your trucks... :D:aok:

Well, I sent the boy a link to this event... so the hint is in!

If we did come, it would likely be one truck, as 2x the gas = $$$$$

My stockasarus truck needs tires, which it wont be seeing until fall-ish. :(

and it seems gas prices went up 20 cents without me noticing... Its a good thing these pathys are so fuel efficient....

Edited by RowOSU

Yeah, I just noticed that today. It's gone up 15-20 cents here since the last time I filled up! Yikes! :blink:

Anyways, the more the merrier! :aok: Pass this on to friends and family who might be interested. The event is open to any Imported truck or SUV (yes, that includes Yotas... -thnkboutit- ) :laugh:

Snow wheeling issues? Like falling through ice into a 5' deep hole on a 40 degree incline and having all 4 wheels off the ground? Kinda like what happened to Bob when we were in Paragon on January 22nd, when the high that day was 3 degrees and it snowed a foot?

We still had a great time though! :aok:

CA to CT is a bit too far for me. I'd love to go but you know that's a very long road trip, it's about what 5 hours? ;):P

Anyway regular gas out here in CA was 2.40 + on thursday. :o And right now I'm averaging about 15-16 mpg. Going to replace my air filter with a K&N soon, hopefully that will help a little.

Well, like I said - we will be in that area in July... in Paragon on the 22nd, and Rausch Creek the 23/24th. There is some chatter about going down a few days earlier and spending a few days in Paragon, as the 22-24th is only for Xterra's - and our pathy & fronty members want to have some fun too...

Edited by Pezzy

My son's birthday party is that weekend and the boss immediately shot down the idea of me going wheelin' rather than hang around the house with a couple dozen 8-year-olds. Dang it... and I'm only about an hour away too.

Yeah, IL is pretty far for a single person drive. There will be several of us camping Friday night as we're meeting at 9AM in the park Saturday morning. If you can find someone, let me know. :aok: We'd love to have you there.