Stereo resetting?

Madcheshire13

Hi everybody! Sorry for the multiple posts I just got my pathfinder back after a transmission rebuild. Finally able to start working on it now. It doesn't have too many problems it's more of a few quirks here and there. This one is the stereo resets on it when I turn the car off. I've checked the fuses but that didn't seem to do anything. I'm a newbie with vehicles although I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty I feel confident in doing minor repairs although bigger things I'll take to a shop.23ae676d1220e9c1b7abceced01b41e1.jpg

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Constant power wire is what you would be looking for. Check that wire. Not sure what color it is on a factory head unit. On aftermarket head units the wire is yellow.

• Like 1

^+1, sounds like constant power's unhooked. FSM shows a red wire with a green stripe and a 10A fuse in the box in the dash. EL-57 in the '95 FSM.

That thing must've been top of the line in '91! :lol: Does it have the changer box in the back too?

• Like 1

I agree with red/green stripe. I think it's #4 fuse in the fuse box. If you pull the plug from the stereo that wire should show 12volts with a meter or test light. If it does but you still have the problem then it's the stereo. If it doesn't then it's the fuse or the wiring between the two.

Edited by kdj