My New 1995 Nissan Pathfinder

cpeterson15

Picked up this Pathfinder it has 95,000 original miles. It has only had one owner. Still have the original window sticker when purchased. It has been garaged all its life. Please let me know if there is any mods I should do and what things I should do to keep it running strong. I also notice a ticking noise (valve tapping noise) it only happens when in drive. I dont know really what that noise is or if that is just how the engine sounds. Thanks IMG_2788_zpsfscqjdbu.jpeg

Looks like a clean rig! Hopefully that frame isn't as bad as it looks.

The ticking could be a lifter or (most likely) the classic exhaust leaks. The thing I would do first, assuming the frame checks out, is the timing belt. The change interval's about 100k and if yours hasn't been done, it's close on miles and old enough to drink besides. I did the belt on my '93 after I brought it home because I didn't know when it had been done last and I didn't want to gamble with an interference motor.

• Like 1

Timing belts on these are easy. Tension rod bushings may need to be changed. Get poly bushings.

Remote oil filter mounting. Makes life easier and it will keep your starter happy.

Thanks for all the help. The timing belt has been replaced not to long ago. The frame is in decent shape for a New England car. It is still very solid. Going off the tapping noise coming from the engine should this be a major concern? Or do I just live with it? I dont want to be doing internal damage to the engine.