NPORA meetup in Ocala, FL anyone?

NovaPath

Hey Everyone,

I saw there are quite a few people in the other thread from the Orlando, Mt Dora, Oveido etc area. I am going to be moving to Sarasota next week from Northern Virginia. Is anyone interested in a Hard Rock run (Ocala Fl) sometime mid May? May be able to go sooner, will have to see how the new job is going.

I may even be up for camping for the weekend depending on what is going on.

It varies between easy and rock krawler...when I went I had a jku on 3in lift and 35s...I would look up videos...my go to wheeling spot is citrus wildlife management are out in Inverness, fl...I know my way around there but always wanted to hit hard rock again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright let's put a date on this thing. How does April 16th look? Alternatively, I could also run the Inverness wildlife area, my concern is that many times on forest type roads I don't even need 4x4 and just end up bumping around in 2wd.

I feel the need to get almost stuck coming on....lol.

The citrus area needs at least 4hi for most of it...has a lot of sugar sand and random mud holes...date wise I'm not sure...the 16th is close to when my daughter will be born...keep you posted on that...ill try to post pix and or vids of citrus

• 3 weeks later...

Well here's an update...Tuesday my fiancé gave birth to our daughter so now I'm off work for two weeks...might be able to do something towards the end of the month maybe

Congrats man!! The end of this month has gotten swamped for me unfortunately, I have the design studio appointment all day on the 29th for the house we are building in Bradenton, then my wife and I are taking off to the JW Marriott grande lakes for our birthday weekend together. Beginning of May seems empty, but I know with a newborn it may not be doable for you.

Let's reconvene towards the end of the month. Congrats on Dad-hood again :)

• Like 1

Congrats man!! The end of this month has gotten swamped for me unfortunately, I have the design studio appointment all day on the 29th for the house we are building in Bradenton, then my wife and I are taking off to the JW Marriott grande lakes for our birthday weekend together. Beginning of May seems empty, but I know with a newborn it may not be doable for you.

Let's reconvene towards the end of the month. Congrats on Dad-hood again :)

Thank you!! Sounds good to me!!

I can make one work! I have the truck going in the shop tomorrow, and need to see what the prognosis is first before I can 100% commit. I'm thinking Sunday the 24th would be best bet. What exit off of 75 is citrus county? Or is it off I4?

• Like 1

I can make one work! I have the truck going in the shop tomorrow, and need to see what the prognosis is first before I can 100% commit. I'm thinking Sunday the 24th would be best bet. What exit off of 75 is citrus county? Or is it off I4?

I know I have Saturday off but I might have to work Sunday...there's two ways to get there via 75...you can take exit 329 which is 44 and take that into Inverness or take exit 301 which is 98/sr50 and meet up with me since I take 50 to citrus wma

Sounds good. Let me know if you have to work Sunday and I will try to make Saturday work. I'll post back up once I figure out what's going on with the truck as well.

• Like 1

I have some friends that go to Citrus usually in May.

Some of it is tame. Some of it can be tricky. Be careful out there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Where are the tricky parts? All the times I been out there it's fairly tame...there's one spot I like but I can't remember where it is

I don't know the exact spots. Here's some pictures to show.

6921e1424decfe955444a5fcd6bdb6e8.jpg

c7482deadabf4f39a0921f6f442366c9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The top one I know of but not the bottom...I've done a crazy uphill part that's at the start of one of northern trails...the Florida roll call thread has videos I posted and pix...