has anyone done a automatic to manual conversion?

whittoncrew

I currently have a 1995 pathy with a automatic. I have a opportunity to convert to a manual, but the donor vehicle is a 1987 hardbody 4x4. my question is does the 87 and 95 have the same bolt pattern? any other info would be greatly appreciated

I've done it and it's not hard at all. Especially if you have a complete doner parts rig. The hardest part For me was getting the pedal assembly installed without removing the whole dashboard.

i have recently did an auto to manual swap. the whole swap took me about 4 days. ( would of taken 3 days if the bolts on the flex plate to torque converter werent stripped). the bell housing for the vg30 are the same but the studs are longer on the manual than they are for the auto also the transmission cross member sits differently than the auto also most likely your newer manual from the pre 1990's pathfinders have a shorter fifth gear something like 0.86:1 vs 0.73:1 on the auto. one more thing both tx-10 transfer-case are compatible but the transfer case slide rail on the outside of the transfer case appears to be a different length on the pre 90's models. if any other question just post it and other people should answer.

• 5 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...