Who lives in central/western Cali....

Slick

My Pathy and I are all alone here in Manteca, just south of Stockton, CA.

We have no other Pathy's to play with, and we want to go have some fun!

I have never "seriously" (anything other than horsin around, bit of mud n flexing) wheeled my Pathy, I HATE big hills, but am gung-ho for anything else.

I am planning to hit Oceano Sand Dunes soon for a weekend visit, but I would like to hit Frank Raines Park or maybe Hollister Hills for a day or weekend.....

Anyone interested in joining us? Maybe camp overnight and/or bar-b-q after wheeling?? I have a travel trailer I could bring for acommodations for 4 extra peeps, (besides my bf) if need be... -bounce-

P.S.- I am pretty much stock, besides JGC coils, 31" tires (spares for wheeling) and Superwinch manual locking hubs (when they FINALLY arrive...)

So, I am not about to do a mini Rubicon!! LOL

Edited by Slick

Hey Slick... I'm in the neighborhood and interested, BUT while my pathy is drivable, it still isn't truely 'fixed' from the crash so I wouldn't want to wheel it and torque things more... How soon are you talking ? The weather is good enough for me to work on it, but I'm recovering from a nasty flu; it'd be a couple of weeks for me to be ready at best... I dont know the places you mentioned, but I'll see what I can find on the web.

Bernard

Bummer...I am moving to New mexico tomorrow...right now I am just over the hill (west past livermore) in Sunol.

Hollister is primarily a motocross park. You won't find much for your stock pathy.

Oceano dunes is kinda cool, make sure to air down though, and don't stop at the bottom between dunes, you might end up staying there. If you are gonna go all the way down to Pismo, (oceano) you should head east from Arroyo Grande and check out the Los Padres Nat'l forest There is some very cool stuff that it safe & fun for a stock pathy out there...check out garcia ridge and the Panza range (get a Natl forest map for the montery and santa Lucia ranger districts- there are two separate maps for Los Padres NF, and they are $6 each) keep your eye out for roadrunners, there are lots of them out there.

If you keep heading south into southern los padres check out figeroa mt. and Lockwood valley there are many tracks out there that are worth a drive, and if you make it all the way to SB there are some rad hotsprings.

How long will you be in stockton? I'll be back in CA come summer.

I'm up in Chico. I am currently fitting out our Pathy for some desert exploring (kinda get a kick out of seeking out old mines, ghost towns, and hot springs!). This spring and early summer we plan to explore the High Rock Canyon and Surprise Valley above Black Rock, and maybe go find a few more Pony Express stations off of 50. Would you be interested in heading out Nevada way?

And my wife has not yet been to Bodie or Death Valley. Not 4 wheelin' trips per se, but fun weekend jaunts during the mild seasons!

Bummer...I am moving to New mexico tomorrow...right now I am just over the hill (west past livermore) in Sunol.

Hollister is primarily a motocross park. You won't find much for your stock pathy.

Oceano dunes is kinda cool, make sure to air down though, and don't stop at the bottom between dunes, you might end up staying there. If you are gonna go all the way down to Pismo, (oceano) you should head east from Arroyo Grande and check out the Los Padres Nat'l forest There is some very cool stuff that it safe & fun for a stock pathy out there...check out garcia ridge and the Panza range (get a Natl forest map for the montery and santa Lucia ranger districts- there are two separate maps for Los Padres NF, and they are $6 each) keep your eye out for roadrunners, there are lots of them out there.

If you keep heading south into southern los padres check out figeroa mt. and Lockwood valley there are many tracks out there that are worth a drive, and if you make it all the way to SB there are some rad hotsprings.

How long will you be in stockton? I'll be back in CA come summer.

Yes. We go to Pismo all the time. We have a sand rail, so we know it well. Las Padres is supposed to be good...haven't been there yet though. I always air down. My Pathy is not completely "stock".. I just want to go have some safe n sane fun, stretch her new legs a bit and take some nice pics and get out of the house!! Weather is turning too nice to stay home...bored.

I was thinking within a month.. no big rush... I can wait for you MWS.

You can find Fraink Raines (it's right off I-5)(also known as Del Porto Canyon) online, as well as Hollister, Carnegie (kinda sux for the moto x bikes that aren't supposed to go into the 4x4 part) and Oceano Dunes. I am not a big fan of taking the Pathy out in the dunes too much, that was just going to be a weekend get away. The sand rail and trailer is too heavy to tow with the Pathy ... :blink:

Let me know whatcha think....

I'm up in Chico. I am currently fitting out our Pathy for some desert exploring (kinda get a kick out of seeking out old mines, ghost towns, and hot springs!). This spring and early summer we plan to explore the High Rock Canyon and Surprise Valley above Black Rock, and maybe go find a few more Pony Express stations off of 50. Would you be interested in heading out Nevada way?

And my wife has not yet been to Bodie or Death Valley. Not 4 wheelin' trips per se, but fun weekend jaunts during the mild seasons!

That sounds like fun! I like exploring..... Let us know when you're planning your jaunts and we'll see if we can tag along. :cool2:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi slick! WAVEY

I live in Felton just outside of Santa Cruz. I'd love to go wheeling sometime, I'm a total noob (I'v gone off roading a grand total of once unless you count my driveway which is gravle and badly rutted) and my Pathy is stock. Let me know when you go wheeling somewhere near here.

Hi slick! WAVEY

I live in Felton just outside of Santa Cruz. I'd love to go wheeling sometime, I'm a total noob (I'v gone off roading a grand total of once unless you count my driveway which is gravle and badly rutted) and my Pathy is stock. Let me know when you go wheeling somewhere near here.

SC huh!? my favorite place to hang out and get tattoo's! Well.. plannin a trip to Frank Raines before the end of April if ya wanna go?? (otherwise known as Del Porto Canyon).. let me know. Hopefully Precise1 will have his Pathy up n haulin a$$ by then.... -bounce-

Yeah. My bf has his ear op May 3rd..so the first 2 weeks of May are out fer sure. We'll get together with precise1 and get some dates thrown out there, I am pretty flexible. There still is enuff mud n water n yuck out in the back 5 for me to amuse myself for now..LOL -bounce-