Fuel temp sensor

aussie4wheeler

Hi again guy, i finished the rebuild on my 02 pathy and she is running like brand new! Now i am working on my dad's 1999 pathy which is running rough and throwing codes for the knock sensor and fuel temp sensor. I know exactly where the knock sensor is and how to get at it but have received mixed info RE: the temp sensor, can anyone claify if it is part of the fuel sending unit or part of the pump itself or an individual sensor i can replace all by itself??

Thanks Pvt. Rave

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hmmm. This is on the VG right?

I have done my knock sensor before and I don't recall anything being on the fuel rails. To be honest I have no idea how what an ECU could do with that information, pressure yes, but temp is questionable.

So if this does exist I would have to guess it's in the tank.

I'll do some digging and see what I find.

-Kyle

Here is what I found, nothing pertaining to the pathfinder directly but I can't imagine its too different from the pathfinder since the xterra is fairly similar.

http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/4sfo1-nissan-datsun-fuel-temp-sensor-located-a.html

And I found this image but it was in regard to a 96 d21, again can't imagine its too different.

2010-11-19_150337_2.gif

Hope that helps, and I learned something new today!

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123