Need help and advice

Ravens794

Hey everyone,

I am new to the forum. I have a 96 r50. I am looking for a front winch bumper for my pathfinder. I was thinking about buying a XJ front winch bumper by ARB or Smittybilt and modifying the mounts. Has anyone done this? does it work, is it worth the trouble. pics???

Also looking for a rear tonneau cover that hides the rear trunk area.

Thanks!

ALSO HOW DO I POST PICS!?!?

Welcome!

It's been done, at least twice that I'm aware of (by theexbrit and CDN_S4), and a 3rd install is in the works (cntryboy_88). CDN_S4 will likely chime in with more details soon.

Post up in the Wanted section, or check eBay or your local JYs for the cargo cover.

To post pics, you need to use a 3rd-party image host then link to the pic. I use postimage.org; tinypic.com and imgur.com are other sites...there are plenty out there. Then just use the Polaroid-looking icon to put the image URL in.

This is cdn's truck below...he had some custom side brackets made to cover a little bit more than the bumper did also a pic of the reinforcement because it's far from bolt up and the mounting brackets are gonna have to be welded if you want any kind of support

9b12b9d2fe8302ed53492d91e65a544a.jpg6975be4660394e42190b9cbad47a1c45.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

These guys make awesome products! I am having a wincher and a multi carrier with swing away tire carrier and gas can mounts installed. https://tacticalarmorgroup.com/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do you live in the local area where they make stuff...I've heard a lot of bad things such as it taking 6-8 months just for 1 bumper and bad welds...I couldn't imagine waiting for 2 bumpers from them

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I haven't heard or seen anything bad about them. I was aware that there is typically a 3-6 months wait but I heard that they make good products, I will look Into it more.

Regards, Pvt. Rave

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

X2 on poor quality from TAG. No first hand experience but from reading about experiences of people that did buy, many are bad.

The XJ bumper fits as far as width of the vehicle is concerned. But the mounting is completely custom. The OEM bumper is not meant to carry weight so to mount it back into th same location would be strongly discouraged. Theexbrit did mount his there and he said it holds up, but I wouldn't trust it after having spent a lot of time thinking about how to mount it so that it will be bulletproof. This is why I ended up welding custom brackets to the chopped off brackets that come with it. The supplies brackets bolt on, which allows it to be removable, which is why I chose to maintain that function. But the brackets that are attached to the vehicle are all welded in place and reinforced triple-fold to ensure strength. My design isn't the only way of doing it but it worked well for me. It incorporates weight carrying leverage along the "frame" that's attached to the unibody (as seen in the second picture above) as well as gets support from the OE tow front tow points.

415eabf6a4b8a2d0ef4b036cff833466.jpg