? For my r50 veterans

AkPrecision

I am about start doing some more stuff to my truck. I'm going to have a rear swinger made and front I found a bumper at a decent price I'll probably get however I want to reheat first. I'm on 33s and plan to stay there. I want to do rugged rockes 4.91 greats however our front diff it's high pinion which means they are reverse cut and have 0 support(surprise surprise). I cannot find anyone even willing to make them. Now after talking with I believe Steve from rugged rocks he thinks it's possible to swap the xterra front diff in since they have the same code. Has anyone tried this and knows what needs to be done to make it work? This would be an awesome way to open up tremendous amounts of hearing options for us

Not that easy, unfortunately. It's a completely different axle.

This exact swap is something I hope to do before year's end. The short story to making this work is:

1. You need different diff cover.
  2. Need to widen the axle with CV spacers. X/FR CVs should also work (they're longer than R50) but will still need a CV spacer on the passenger side.
  3. Need weld-on mounting points on both ends of the axle...to make things difficult, the driver's side has little room (the R50 mounting points are in the diff housing cast), and the passenger side tube is a couple inches from where it needs to be.
  4. If you have a "missing link", you'll need to lose it or come up with a different design.

There are other considerations, but those are the key ones.

• 2 weeks later...