97 le junkyard rescue.

vg33deguy

Ok so looking into these sensors i see its common to get the p0420 when you get the knock code. Has anyone had any issues with relocation the sensor? I am going to order it and if it doesnt effect the vehicle i would like to relocate it to the top of the manifold.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Awesome. I saw that video I just didn't know if there had been anyone here who had luck doing this. I may give it a try but after messing with the car and looking into it it looks like this may be my passenger cat throwing both codes. My neighbor is a Nissan tech and he has seen a dirty cat cause a false knock. I guess it's not too bad. 200 for both parts but I may look into this cataclean. Seems to have very good reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So im still going to relocate thw knock sensor but driving around and toying with a piece of exhaust pipe in place of the converter we cleared the codes but and suggestions on where to get a reaonable peice on a catalytic converter. Rh front next to the engine. I can find a cheap universal for the rear but front im having trouble finding it for less than 180! Would just get rid of it and just have the 2 but denvers emission laws care.

So we just took care of both leaks and replaced the cat. Haven't gotten to the knock sensor but I'm noticing when I'm under the hood while the truck is running there is a whirring noise or fluttering when I pull the throttle wire? Anyone have any ideas? I can't pinpoint it as a pulley for sure. I just replaced the a/c idle pulley because the bearing was trashed so we know that isn't it. It sounds like it may be near the front passenger side of the engine. It's hard to tell but it almost sounds like it's coming from inside the engine. It's not a knock and at idle the engine is pretty quiet so I'm just at a loss.

Knock sensor time! So one question? Why are people so specific about needing a maxima harness? I looked up the part number and they are the same......is there something I'm missing I just got the $50 doorman from autozone pictured. This is for the pathfinder but relocating people say you need the maxima harness to hook them up right.......the part numbers are the same everywhere I go! So is this just a Nissan thing if you order at the dealer?

a85c1b5fb87e1fa2af99e3c2e2e6cf38.jpg4971c82a10bef1e5840951587187d243.jpgf25c1b8892b146e592f51a3049dc3243.jpg

Here is the relocated knock sensor. Power seems to be better and a few noises went away along with the light. Did the 2 idler pulley's a couple days ago as well. About all that's left is exhaust leaks knuckle and the new rims. Then the fun stuff can start!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So we got the rims on and the new splash guards. Fender on the right side is damaged so it's not perfect yet but we are getting there. Not a lot planned for the near future. We have her running perfect other than exhaust gaskets and the driver side caliper. Then it's time to get ready for our second child baby Emma. c85281fea0c403c617e8b9764c5b7943.jpgc754db40d799b8ed0d046987ebdb7383.jpgdc295912a96a354fa552883f105e023b.jpg

Here in the next year. Unfortunately I've gotta put some of the extras on hold for a bit with the new ban coming. I'm wanting a small lift and some 31" tires hopefully before fall but it all may have to Wai a bit.

WOW! I grew up in Grand Junction! Dang, GJ makes the trip out to Moab soo much easier. I remember taking trips over into Utah to ride dirtbikes and mountain bikes in places like green river, rabbit valley and such.

• Like 1

If there was good work I would love to stay. I grew up in salt lake went to moab all the time. There and st George, lake Powell man I love the Rockies and Wasatch front and that south desert is just a nice topper. We may move to rifle. All depends on what I can find. May get my cdl again and drive truck for the oil companies Denver just keeps reminding me why we had to go. Rent is disgusting! Lol.

So this was todays projects. Replaced the crappy taped air intake...turned out to be basically taped dryer hose. Then replaced the bumper retainer. The metal needs to be replaced after further inspection but thats only around 85. Im going stock with a guard and skid plate.

c4dc8761186a3cdb6067a98285bd53fc.jpg

b7e59ed9ceb1a30e594172fb249e3cbf.jpg

473b674d70acbdc32d7d0e8333baeb73.jpg

Nice progress!

Thanks. I'm gonna try for the knuckle if I can get that sensor out clean when I do the pads and driver side caliper......kinda need to anyways. My wheel bearing seal nut or whatever it's called got cross threaded on the knuckle and it just won't go true on those nasty threads on the knuckle so I've got I minor Unever rub on the pads when I jack the car up and spin the wheel but nothing serious. just don't want to make things worse now that I'm almost done.

It's been worth it. It's my daily driver has been since the day I bought it. If you can jack it up and see if the control arms wiggle at all even the slightest bit and the bushings are going or gone. They should be really tight. If not plan on replacing them or your whole ass end will wiggle all over the place. Scary @!*% doing 70 if you didn't check them before you took off. Lol. And if you do replace them and do it yourself unless you have a press or know someone who does it's cheaper to replace the entire arms. There's 4 2 short and 2 long ones.

Your best bet is going to be the JY probably. The door weatherstrips I think have been long discontinued, but I'm sure they're still available here and there. Try parts.nissanusa.com and courtesyparts.com to get part numbers, then try eBay or Google searches. But the pieces probably add up if you plan to replace everything.

As for the sunroof, I don't believe the rubber trim was sold separately from the sunroof glass. Probably doesn't mean it can't be removed from a sunroof...but it could propose a moderate challenge with the sunroof still on the roof.

• Like 1

Oh fun. Yeah a few look to have been picked while it sat like o few of the either expensive or hard to find interior pieces. I may just have an extra bit of glass if all else fails. I guess everything else I'll just go look at the one I've been getting a lot of my parts from. It's missing the inside sur of cover as well and new they want 350 so hopefully I can find a tan junker somewhere around here or delta......wouldn't care about the door ones but it gets awful loud in that cab on the highway with them missing.