Hesitation after warmed up

sailone32003

Hey everyone, happy weekend. Hope you can help with this, my 93 S/E started acting up the other day it runs fine while cold but after it warms up it hesitates when accelerating from a stop but seems to accelerate and run fine after at speed. I ran the codes and I'm getting code 13, Engine coolant temperature sensor. Can that be causing my problem? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if the coolant sensor can cause that problem but it seems possible since the ECU reads the coolant temp and makes adjustments accordingly. Coolant sensor is a cheap and easy repair. If that doesn't do it I would then look at cleaning MAF sensor next and also check fuel filter if it has not been changed recently.

Bad temp sensor can certainly cause misfire issues. The ECU 'thinks' the engine is either cold or hot because of that sensor and is making adjustments. A buddy of mine had that issue on a Ford and replacing that temp sensor fixed the issue.

Probably the coolant sensor as stated, bu also check 02 sensor, had similar issues. I unplugged mine & it ran better(plug on passenger wheel well). Kept it like that until I got my new one.

• 3 weeks later...